chapter 69

OWENS POV
I just scrubbed out of a surgery and I went to call Amelia. She was stuck in an elevator and I knew she was freaking out, I was hoping she was out of the elevator since it had been at least 3 hours.
"Hey," Amelia said, and I could hear it in her voice through the phone that she was still in the elevator.
"Hey," I said, "still stuck?"
"Yup," She said, "i miss you."
"I miss you too," I said.
"I miss the kids," she said.
"You'll get out soon i promise," I said.
"Hopefully," She chuckled.
"I'm gonna go say hi to the kids I'll keep you on the line," I said.
"Thanks you're the best," she said.
"You know I am," I said.
"Shut up," she chuckled. I opened the door to the daycare and Ethan and Lucas were both running around with a bunch of airplanes. Lucas saw me and ran towards me.
"Dada!" He giggled.
"Hey little dude," I smiled and picked him up.
"Who on your phone?" He said.
"Mommy, do you want to say hi?" I asked.
"Yeah," he giggled, "hi mommy." He reached for my phone and I held it to his ear. Ethan started pulling at my leg and I chuckled. Lucas was done talking to Amelia so I put him down and let Ethan have a chance to talk.
"Daddy how's work?" Ethan ask.
"Busy buddy," I said.
"Where's mommy," Ethan asked. I figured he really wouldn't understand the whole elevator thing.
"She's busy with work too," I said, "but she's on the phone right now so you can talk to her."
"Okay," He said and I held the phone to his ear.
-
AMELIAS POV
Jo and I felt the elevator move and we both shot up.
"Oh my god thank god," She said.
"I was starting to think we would never get out of here," I chuckled.
"No seriously," Jo chuckled. The doors finally opened and I saw Owen. I bolted out and jumped into his arms.
"Oh thank god," I chuckled.
"I love you," He said.
"I love you too," I said and pulled back from the hug and smiled at him. I kissed him softly and he smiled.
"The kids miss you," He said.
"Well let's go see them," I smiled.
"Are you okay?" He asked, "i know you get claustrophobic."
"Yeah I'm okay," I said. He put his arm around me and leaned in and kissed me.
"Hey you," He said, "you're cute."
"Hey you," I giggled, "you're kinda cute too."
"Kinda?" He said.
"Mhm," I giggled and cuddled into him.