chapter 16

OWENS POV
Amelia walked in and Megan was curled up on the couch napping. Amelia put her keys down and came over and hugged me.
"How is She?" She asked.
"She's drowned her sorrows in ice cream," I said.
"Poor thing," she said.
"I hate Nathan so much," I said.
"I know," she said, "don't get involved Owen."
"I know I know," I said.
"So Twins," she smiled.
"Oh I'm so happy," I said.
"Me too," she smiled, "which means we should probably look at houses soon."
"Yes," I said, "I'm not working next Tuesday, maybe we could go then, if that works?"
"I'll pull some strings," she chuckled.
"Alright cutie," I said. Megan got up and walked into the bathroom and shut the door.
"Oh no," Amelia said. I could hear her sobbing.
"Megan," Amelia said softly.
"I want to be alone," Megan said.
"Meg," I said. She cracked the door open and little bit and she was sobbing hysterically. She came out and hugged Amelia.
"Thank you guys for letting me stay with you," she said.
"Of course Megan," Amelia said. She then came over and hugged me.
"Hey," Amelia said, "why don't we order a pizza?"
"And eat ice cream?" Megan said.
"And eat ice cream," Amelia smiled.
AMELIAS POV
My heart ached for Megan. She was hurting so much, so I wanted to distract her mind off of it. We ordered a pizza and ate ice cream and watched old movies all night. It was around 11pm when there was a knock at the door.
"You got it?" I said and yawned to Owen.
"Yeah," He said and got up. He opened the door and it was Derek.
"Hey," I said and got up, "what's up?"
"You didn't tell me you're having twins?" He said and hugged me.
"I mean I told Meredith," I chuckled.
"I had to come and say congratulations," he said.
"Thanks man," Owen said.
"Thank you," I said and hugged him again.
"Hey Megan," He said.
"Hi," She said quietly with a little wave.
"Okay well I gotta go, thought I'd swing by the neighborhood," he chuckled.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," He said, "See ya."
"See ya," I said. He left and Megan got up.
"Hey I'm going to go to bed now," she said, "thanks for a fun night I love you guys."
"I love you too," Owen and I said at the same time. Owen walked over and hugged her tightly. She closed the guest bedroom door and Owen frowned at me.
"She's breaking right now and she won't let me be there for her," He sighed.
"I know," I said, "give her time." We crawled into bed and I was exhausted so I kissed Owen goodnight and rolled over. He wrapped his arms around my waist and he nuzzled into my back.
OWENS POV
I knew I had to give Megan time. I was nuzzled into Amelia thinking about Megan. She was so heartbroken and I felt terrible for her. Amelia was passed out so I figured I'd check on Megan. I knocked softly on the guest door and she opened it and she was sobbing.
"I'm Uh, watching a sad movie," she said.
"Meg," I said.
"I'm Okay Owen," she said, "Get some sleep."
"If you need anything get me," I said.
"I know," she said, "thank you so much, for everything."
-
I woke up to a pager beeping.
"Is it mine?" Amelia mumbled. I grabbed my pager out of my bag and it was mine.
"No," I said.
"Thank god," she said and rolled over.
"I gotta go I'll see you later Okay?" I said, "Are you okay here?"
"Owen I'm fine," she said, "I'll try to cheer her up or something I don't go in until 1."
"Okay I love you," I said and walked over and kissed her head.
"I love you too," She said. I closed the bedroom door and I figured I'd check on Megan. I opened the door and peeked in and she was passed out, I'm glad she got some sleep. I grabbed my bag and keys and left. I drove over to the hospital and the ER was packed, it was going to be a long day.
AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and it was around 10. I got out of bed and got dressed for the day and pulled my hair into a bun. I walked into the kitchen and Megan was making coffee.
"Good morning," I said.
"Morning," She said.
"How'd you sleep?" I asked.
"Alright," She said, "once I stopped crying."
"I'm sorry Megan," I said.
"It's fine," she said and pour her coffee into a cup and offered me some.
"Hey I don't have to go into work until 1, why don't we go out to breakfast?" I suggested.
"Okay," She said, "that sounds like fun."
"Yeah," I smiled.
"Is owen at work?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Can I shower before we go?" She asked.
"Yeah of course," I said, "everything you should need is in there."
"Okay thank you," She said.
"Of course," I said.
MEGANS POV
I'm so heartbroken, Nathan wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my absolute best friend. We dated in high school but we broke it off and we were just on and off for a while, but after college we realized that we needed each other, or really i realized I needed him and he needed his mistress. I didn't just lose my boyfriend, i lose my best friend. Owen and Amelia have been so kind and welcoming to me, I love them so much and they've given me somewhere to go when I've had nowhere, but seeing them so happy together just makes me think of what I wanted with Nathan. Owens crazy about Amelia, and she's the same for him, and I thought Nathan and I had that, but I was wrong.