chapter 18

MEGANS POV
I was so bored in Owen and Amelias apartment. I decided to download that app Uber, and take a ride into Seattle and just walk around for a little bit to get my mind off some stuff. I wrote Owen and Amelia a little note and called an Uber and took the extra key Amelia had given me. I put on my black jacket and boots and walked down the stairs and the car was waiting out of me. I was devastated about Nathan, but I did need to start a new chapter of my life.
-
I got into the city and I walked into a cute little coffee shop. I got my coffee and sat down in a booth by myself and went on my phone for a little while. I heard someone sit down in front of me and I looked up, and it was a rather cute man.
"Hey," He said, oh no, he must have thought I was someone else.
"Uh hi?" I said.
"Hey so this is really embarrassing but I lost my phone, and I was wondering if I could call it from yours," he said.
"Uh sure," I shrugged and gave him my phone. He called it and his phone rang from his pocket and I chuckled.
"Oh hey, well guess I have your number," He said, obviously his intention.
"And now you do," I smiled.
"Hey I'm not a shallow person for looks, but you're gorgeous, and I really want to get to know you better, the names Joey, and now you have my number," He said.
"Megan," I smiled.
"Well Megan, do you have any other plans for this evening?" He said.
"Not really," I shrugged, "I was just gonna walk around the city."
"Well, have fun," He said.
"And maybe I'll text you later," I said.
"And maybe I'll answer," he said. Oh my god he was so cute but I was not ready to just put myself back out there! Also I knew nothing about him, nothing! I watched him walk out with his coffee in his hand and his phone in the other, I knew I should text him because I could lose my chance, but then again who knows if he's going down to the coffee shop down the street to play the same skit? I don't know. I walked around the city for a while and took a few nice photos on my phone. I called the Uber back and made my way back to Owens apartment.
OWENS POV
I unlocked the apartment door and it was close to 8.
"Meg?" I said because the apartment was dark. I turned the kitchen light on and there was a note on the table from Megan.
        Owen/Amelia,
                                 Hey I got bored around here so I went for a little adventure in the city I downloaded that app, Uber? Anyway, I'll be home hopefully by like 7 or 8 depends on what I find to do, love you guys!
               -meg

I took out my phone and sent her a quick text.
"Hey, just saw the note, all good?" I sent.
"Yup! On my way back," she said.
"Okay cool, did you eat dinner we could make something," I suggested.
"I didn't eat, just coffee," she said.
"Okay cool," I sent. A few moments later she walked in the door and I couldn't help but notice that she was smiling.
"Hey have a good time?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "I love the city it's so cute, I really got my head away from Nathan, It's what I needed."
"I'm glad," I said.
"When's Amelia coming back?" She asked.
"Uh around 10 I think," I said, "not really sure."
"Alright," She said, "what do you want to do for dinner?"
"We have left over taco meat," I shrugged.
"Sounds good to me," she said. My phone rang and it was Amelia.
"Hey honey what's up?" I said.
"My surgery got cancelled so I'm heading home now," Amelia said.
"Okay," I said, "i miss you."
"I miss you too!" Amelia giggled.
"You're cute," I smiled.
"So are you," She said. Twenty minutes later she came home and the three of us had dinner, well technically 5 of us, counting the babies. Amelia looked so tired, and I felt bad for her I knew she had a long day. Megans phone rang and she looked at it and frowned.
"I gotta take this," She said quietly and got up.
"Okay," I said, "everything okay?"
"Nathan and I have to decide who gets the apartment and who pays what bills for the time being," she said, "I won't spend a dime he kicked me out."
"Okay," I said. She walked into the other room and Amelia looked up at me.
"I'm so tired," she chuckled.
"I can see that," I chuckled.
"These babies are kicking my ass I'm so tired," she said.
"I'll clean up go get some rest," I said.
"You're the best," she said, "i love you."
"I love you too," I said.