chapter 12

OWENS POV
I unlocked the apartment door and Amelia was laying on the couch on her computer.
"Hey," She said sitting up.
"Hey," I said. I put my bag down and walked over to her. She closed her computer and got up and hugged me.
"I missed you," She said, "I don't like staying home from work."
"I know," I said, "I missed you too."
"My mom is so cute she's so excited," She smiled.
"That's awesome," I said.
"When should we get an ultrasound?" She asked.
"Whenever you want," I said, "maybe next week?"
"Yeah that works," she smiled, "I can't wait I'm so excited."
"Me too," I said.
"Okay so, I was looking at houses today," she chuckled, "and I saw a couple that we could consider."
"Okay," I smiled. She grabbed her laptop and we sat down and showed me a few houses. They were all cute and family like, which I loved.
"And they aren't too far from here so it wouldn't be a problem for work and stuff," she said.
"Yeah," I said, "I like them I definitely think we should go see them."
"Really?" She smiled.
"Really," I said and kissed her, "I love you."
"I love you too," She said.
"Do you still have a fever?" I asked.
"I'm going to work tomorrow," she said.
"Amelia," I said.
"Owen I'm going to feel sick more because of the pregnancy," she said, "but I'm going to go to work, and I'm going to get morning sickness, but Owen I have to go to work or I'll lose it."
"I know," I said, "but I just worry, I don't want you pushing yourself too hard if you don't feel well."
"Owen I know," she said, "let me work, I'll be fine, and if i don't feel good i promise you I'll say something."
"Okay," I said and kissed her head. She cuddled up into me and put her head in my lap. Her phone buzzed and she looked at it and she got up and looked at me.
"Oh my god guess what?" She said.
"What?" I said.
"Arizona is transferring here!" She said, "she can do our ultra sound!"
"That's great," I smiled.
"I miss her so much," she said.
"I know," I said.
"I'm so happy," she said, "with everything, us, our baby, Arizona, work, houses."
"I love you," I smiled.
"I love you too," She said.
"You're so cute," I said and kissed her head.
"You're so cute," she said cutely, mimicking me.
-
Amelia and I were waking into our bedroom when she stopped.
"Hey is everything okay?" I asked.
"I don't feel good," she said and ran to the bathroom. I followed her and she threw up in the toilet. I sat behind her and held her hair back.
"Oh my god," she said.
"Hey it's okay I'm here," I said. She threw up again and then leaned back into me. I wrapped my arms around her and she nuzzled into me.
"Feel better?" I asked.
"Somewhat," She said.
"This means you're probably 5 or 6 weeks right?" I asked.
"Yeah," She said.
"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" I asked.
"No," she said, "but you're the sweetest."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes Owen I'm fine," She said.
"Okay," I said. I kissed her head and she got up and I hugged her. She leaned into me and I rubbed her back.
"Actually could you make me coffee?" She asked.
"Of course," I said. She wrapped her arms around my waist and clung to my back as I made her coffee. She was so cute. I put my hand on top of hers and she nuzzled into my back.
"I can't wait until the baby is here," she said.
"Me too," I said.
"Do you want to know the gender when it's time?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "Do you?"
"Yes," She said, "so then we can decorate a room for them and stuff."
"That's going to be so cute," I said.
"Yeah," she said. I handed her her coffee and she smiled.
"Thank you," She said, "you're the best."