chapter 28

a few days later
AMELIAS POV
I woke up to the sound of the babies crying. Recently they have cried every night, and every hour. Owen and I have barely slept.
"I got them this time," Owen said.
"Thank you so much," I said. I felt him get up and after a few minutes Lucas stopped crying. I watched Owen hold Ethan and put Lucas back down. He looked so tired and I felt for him. I sat up and looked at him.
"I've got him," I said. He placed Ethan in my arms and he wouldn't stop crying. I knew he would wake Lucas so I took Ethan downstairs and laid on the couch with him. I looked at the time and it was 3am.
"Okay baby please stop crying," I begged Ethan. I cradled him and he stopped crying.
"Oh thank god," I said softly. I carried him up the stairs and Owen was sleeping and Lucas was in his crib. I put Ethan down in his crib and crawled into bed with Owen. Owen wrapped his arms around my waist. Lucas started crying again and Owen and I both sat up. We both tiredly looked at each other and knew it was going to be a hard night.
OWENS POV
I woke up and Amelia was snuggled into my side. The boys were peacefully sleeping, thank god. Amelia and I were up all night with the boys. I noticed they started to wake up too so I picked them both up and brought them downstairs so Amelia could sleep more. I put both of the kids in their little high chairs and they started crying, which I knew was because they were hungry. I took their bottles out of the fridge and fed both of them. My phone buzzed and it was my mom asking if she could come over and see the kids again. I said yeah and she said she could swing by in the next hour.
-
Amelia was still sleeping when there was a knock at the door. I had Lucas in my arms and I opened the door and it was my mom.
"Hi," she smiled, "and how are my adorable grandsons? Where's Amelia?"
"She's sleeping," I said, "they babies were up every hour and when one would stop the other would start."
"Oh Owen," she said, "you were a crier."
"I'm sure I was," I chuckled. Amelia came down the stairs and rubbing her eye.
"Oh hey," she said when she saw my mom. She picked up Ethan from his play pen and kissed his head. She still looked exhausted from last night.
"Do you guys wanna take a nap I promise I can watch them," My mom offered.
"I just slept but if Owen wants to," Amelia shrugged. I looked at my mom.
"You don't mind?" I said.
"No," she chuckled, "they're adorable!"
"Not when they cry all night," Amelia chuckled. I thanked them and went upstairs to hopefully sleep for a little bit.
AMELIAS POV
Evelyn and I were playing with the kids. Owen was upstairs sleeping. I was exhausted from last night, it was the worst night yet, they cried almost every hour and when one stopped the other started. Owens mom was so cute she was sitting with Lucas and he was staring at some little truck. I chuckled and Ethan cuddled into me. Ethan was the cuddler, he loved being held and he would just lay in Owen or I's lap and snuggle which was adorable. Lucas liked being held but not as much. Ethan was snuggled into my side and I smiled down at him, I love my boys so much.