chapter 61

OWENS POV
Emma and Amelia have been in the hospital for a few days. Amelia has been incredibly sore and hasn't wanted to come home, she likes staying with Emma in the nicu. I got back to work today and it was really hard without Amelia, and the kids. Amelia and I spent the past five days in the nicu with Emma and the boys. It was my first day back since Emma has been born, and I walked into the resident lounge and Jo ran up to me and hugged me.
"Oh my god congratulations!" She said.
"Thank you," I chuckled.
"Do we get to see any pictures?" Jo asked.
"Yes nosey," I said and showed her a picture of Amelia and I with Emma.
"Oh my god!" She said, "She looks just like you."
"Yeah," I smiled. I was still looking at the picture when I got a text from Amelia that said, "Can you come up to the nicu right now?" I suddenly got worried and looked at Jo.
"Yeah is everything okay?" I sent back.
"Yeah everything is perfect, they want to take Emma off the breathing tubes," she sent.
"Yeah give me a minute," I sent.
"Okay Love you," she sent.
"Love you too," I sent. I smiled and told everyone I had to go and ran up to the nicu. I walked in and saw Amelia holding Ethan and Lucas was sleeping on a chair.
"Daddy!" Ethan said.
"Sshh baby Lucas is sleeping," Amelia said softly and kissed his cheek. I smiled at my perfect wife with our children and she smiled back and walked over and kissed me softly.
"You feeling better?" I asked.
"My hips are still super sore," she frowned, "but yeah I'm going to go home tonight."
"Okay," I said, "sounds like a plan." Arizona came in and started removing Emma's breathing tubes. Amelia reached over and grabbed my hand and squeezed it. Arizona was done and Emma was breathing on her own. Amelia looked at me and she started crying.
"Oh my god," she smiled.
"You guys she's doing really great," Arizona said, "I think we just need to keep her overnight just to further monitor to make sure she's okay to go home."
"Okay," I said, "sounds good." I put my arm around Amelia and kissed her forehead.
"Can I hold her?" Amelia asked.
"Of course," Arizona said. Amelia picked Emma up and we both started crying. I took a picture of Amelia and Emma and I couldn't stop smiling.
"Do you want to hold her now?" Amelia asked me.
"Yes," I said. Amelia placed Emma in my arms and I looked down at my beautiful daughter.