Author's note

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Any unauthorised reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/publisher.

"Meow I Love That Wolf" plays on a game I made up in 2010. It was when Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight", and Maggie Steifvater's "Shiver" were out and about and owned my tweenage heart. I played games of vampires and werewolves, but with my love for panthers, I decided I wanted to be a werepanther. I created a whole mythology of werecats based on my Greek heritage and ancient mythology. I used Aphrodite and Athena as two unlikely beings to work together and invent them in secret. Aphrodite uses her husband to sculpt them from godly marble and gets another god to fetch the essence of big cats to infuse into these statues of women.

Creatures for them to own, use and do what they liked, and that act of indiscretion offended Zeus (as most things did) enough to rip werecats from history and mythology. A dirty secret, only to exist for the gods and their dirty work. Mainly to purge the illness that was vampires.

I know it's messy. It's earned a re-write, but it was an extension to my Greek mythology, which I connected with while also embracing a gothic side to myself. Getting the best of both worlds.

And yes, the werecat is named after me. I was a cringy little tween, and I'm reclaiming the cringe.