Chapter 19

Seth POV:

I don't think I have got a glorious life, but God gives me without I'm asking. I didn't sleep for the past two days because whenever I closed my eyes, that wonderful moment kept repeating in my mind. I smile to myself as I look at the ring which Dean has put on my finger.

For the past couple of days, I spent most of the time in his house and helped his family. Because Baron and his wife went on honeymoon, and there were a lot of things to take care of, so I gave them a hand.

His dad John handed many extra works to him related to the office, but he ignored that and put two days off while I was wandering around his house. How could he go to the office while I was at his home?

A smile curls on my lips as I think about it because whatever has happened, today we want to return to the office and do our work as usual. Dean called me earlier and told me to get a ride of my own because his dad made him drop some of their guests at the airport who were returning to their hometown.

I could understand his situation, so I requested Charlotte to drop me at the office who visited my house earlier.

During the drive, I lean my head against the window and share what has happened in Baron's wedding with Charlotte. With a gigantic smile, I show my engagement ring to her and admire it once again along with her because she hasn't come to the wedding. She stayed in the hospital that day to take care of her sick mom.

"Aww, your ring is beautiful." She says, admiring it. She's happy for me and pats my back, encouraging me. "Seth, I admit, I'm jealous of your boyfriend." She jokes, and I'm glad to have her as my future sister-in-law. I know how much she and Roman want me to have a good life, so they appreciate everything that has happened in my life.

Once we reach the office, she drops me and waves her hand at me, wishing this day will be good for me. With a huge grin, I wave her back and turn to go inside, but stop when I hear my phone buzzing. Whom might it be?

I take my phone out and check whether the text is from Dean, who is the love of my life. But it's not; it's from an unknown number. With a confused look, I glance over at the notification and swipe it to see what.

"Back off of Dean. Don't come between us." - Unknown number

My eyes widen when I read the text repeatedly, not wanting to believe it. I don't know who this person is and why they blackmail me to hang away from Dean. Is this a prank or something? I don't know what to do. Should I say this to him or not?

I want to make a firm decision about what to do, but before that, I should make sure whether he's in the mood to consider this. I sigh and slide the phone back into my pocket, staring at the ground for a few seconds.

When I enter the office, all the staff congratulate me and sway along with me. Mostly all the girls surround me to see my engagement ring and admire it with their mouths open. They don't even give me an option to move, squishing me since I get inside.

"Hey, move out of the way." A smile curls on my lips when I hear the voice belong to the man who has stolen my heart. Dean pushes past the crowd of girls and lets his way to the front finally, making me laugh.

"Calm down, girls, he's off the market, and he's mine now." He says, wrapping his hand around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

I smile at him and lean my head on his shoulder, letting him guide me wherever he wants. We make our way to his office and discuss the upcoming meeting that we have to attend for his dad.

Dean POV:

Our discussion has continued until I turn my head to the left, where I hear the heavy click-clacking of heels on the tiled floor of the office. Currently opening the door and walking toward us is Renee. What is she doing here?

She flips her hair and adjusts her top while resting her gaze on me. It makes me flicking at what she is wearing. She has dressed in a figure-hugging white dress that clings to her obviously, and the plunge in the front is low enough. It's not a costume to wear for an office usually.

I roll my eyes and ignore her, continuing my talk with Seth because I know she is wearing this for a reason, and I know my sweetheart is the reason. I'm not an idiot for still not knowing to judge others, and I know she has an interest in me.

Her lips curl into the broadest, fakest smile that she can muster as she approaches where we are sitting. And I can see the look of jealousy on her face as she notices our holding hands in the middle of the table.

"Hey, guys." She grins at us and leans down at the table, placing her hands at either side. "Well, Seth. You forgot your lunch at the house, so I came here to hand it to you." Her fingers crawl over to his hand and pull it away from me. She doesn't realize that her jealousy will never cause any problem between us.

"Oh, shit!" He mumbles and gets up from the chair, apologizing to her. "Thank you for spending your precious time to visit me." He gets his lunch from her and plants it on the table.

"Do I just deserve only a thank you for that?" She raises her voice and crosses her arms over her chest. "No! I need a hug, guys." With that, she pulls him into a hug and lets out a chuckle. She then opens her arms for me, but I pretend I don't notice it.

I look up when he nudges my shoulder and signals me to greet her, so I force myself to adjust with it. I get up from my seat and give her a friendly hug, but she takes advantage and presses a small kiss on my cheek.

I don't want her here between us, so I sit back on the chair and pull my sweetheart into my lap before glancing at her. "Well, we have to discuss more the meeting, so there's no time for visitors now. Why don't you go spend your time with others?"

Without getting what's going on, he squeals and gets up, trying to talk to her like a mother. "Yeah, he's right. Don't take anything wrong. You know us well!"

"Yeah, I know." She mumbles and waves a hand at us before leaving the room unwantedly. Whatever she can try, I won't change my mind because I'm also off the market now.