Chapter 23

Seth POV:

According to my phone, it is only a fifteen-minute drive. I glance at the clock on the dash, feeling slightly relieved. I still have plenty of time to get my surprise and return home.

As we enter another street, I notice the houses are getting a lot grander and close to the beach. If someone had wanted to buy a beach view house, they would have enough money.

My thoughts are interrupted when Dean stops the car and turns to nod at me. Why did he take me here? Is there anyone that we want to meet now? He doesn't give me much time to think because he's already open the door and holds his hand out for me.

I take his hand and step out of the car, watching the amazing view around me. With my mouth open, I see the swimming pool, which is shadowing the trees. It is stunning! I glance at my reflection now and then on it as I walk along with him.

My attention has taken away from the swimming pool when I hear the door behind me open

My attention has taken away from the swimming pool when I hear the door behind me open. I turn my head and smile as I see him winking at me. "This place is outstanding. Who lives here?"

"Well, no one lives here now, but after our marriage, we are gonna light up our future here." He says while grabbing my hand and taking me inside.

I look around the house and admire its beauty. I still can't believe that I'm gonna live here with him. The house is exquisite, with gold trim and royal white. "It must cost a lot to rent this house." I wonder and trace my hand over the pictures which have been drawn on the wall.

As I look around to see the other decorations, he wraps his arm around my shoulders and guides me to the kitchen. "I didn't rent it. I owned it for you." He presses a small kiss on my cheek and shows me the place accurately.

"You own it for me?!" I stun in shock and move away from him, not knowing how to express it now. "Dean, this place must cost a million bucks! Why did you spend that much money? I don't love you for the money, and I don't want all this. I can live in a small house, and you know I have raised it there." I move closer to him and place my hand on his cheek, "I want you, only you." I look at him in the eyes, not knowing how to explain further.

"I know, sweetheart, and I don't tell you that you love me for the money. I bought this house for us because it was my dream to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life in a beach house. That was why I bought it." He leans forward and gives me a peck on the lips.

I look at him, embarrassed because sometimes I have talked like shit without knowing the real reason. "Sorry," I mumble and lean against him, holding him tightly against me.

"I think we have more to discover now." He says, pulling me away from him. With a chuckle, Dean shows me the complete house, and at last, he drags me to the bedroom where is a large king-sized bed in the center.

I'm surprised when I see our photos, which are framed on the wall already. I trace my fingers over it and make my way to the edge, pushing the curtains away and peeking outside. The view is magical.

A smile curls on my lips as I admire the view of the ocean in front of me. I close my eyes when I hear the waves crashing onto the rocks because it feels good.

Dean POV:

As I see Seth in our dream house, I want nothing more than to lay him down on the vast bed and make slow, sweet love to him. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind, pulling his back against my chest.

His eyes flutter open when the tip of my nose moves down the side of his neck, my breath tickling him. He places his soft hands on mine and leans back against me gently, most importantly comfortable.

"Did you like this place?" I ask, eying his face to notice the expression. I can feel the electricity between us as I breathe in his sweet scent mixed with my cologne.

"Yeah." He nods, eyes still gluing to outside.

Wanting to get all his attention toward me, at first my lips are featherlight against his neck, but then they press into the tender flesh with a fervent kiss that makes him whimper and turns his head to look at me but his face almost touching mine.

I use the opportunity and lean forward, pressing my lips on his. It is a slow, deep kiss. As our tongues glide against each other, I feel something pass between us, but I'm not sure what it is.

When the kiss has ended, he tries to pull away, but I keep him in my arms and run my fingers underneath his shirt. A moan escapes from his lips as his body presses into me shiveringly. "You are beautiful." My thumb runs over his lips, and I lunge forward, kissing him again.

However, he seems to have a different agenda. He removes my arms from his waist and makes his way out of the room, but I lunge forward and pull him back. I hear him gasp at his sudden return to my embrace.

He takes a deep breath and steps back, holding his hand out. "Please, I-I don't.." The words stick to his mouth while a tiny part of his brain trying to bring sense and logically think about what is happening.

I stare into his eyes and get embarrassed when I notice the insecurity in his eyes. "Sorry, sweetheart," I mumble and pull him against me, stroking his hair gently. "We'll take it slow." Many thoughts are running through my head, but yet I can find nothing to tell him.

I hoped Seth could see the love I had for him, but instead, he got scared of me. Everything right now feels so damn confusing. Is it mean there are still so many things that I have to know about him?