Chapter 20

Seth POV:

As I wake up in the morning, I'm still upset about the unknown number, but I don't want to let it show to my family. Instead, I'm in my natural quiet manner and decide to join them for the activity. I yawn and rub the sleep out of my eyes, getting startled by the buzzing sound from a distance suddenly.

I leap from the bed to check the notification because I know what it has to be. It's been a week since I'm suffering from the unknown person who texts me and blackmails me to stay away from Dean. I don't know what to do. I slide the screen to unlock my phone and stare at it blankly.

"I told you already to back off of Dean. He's mine and only mine." - Unknown number

I read the text carefully and commit everything to mind. I'm getting sick of all these. I still don't know who this person is, even if I want to. Whenever I asked about them, they didn't answer me back. Why do they think Dean is theirs?

I shake my head unknowingly and encourage myself to be strong. I don't want to back away from this because I love him with my whole heart. Without him, I will be nothing so I will never make a mistake by staying away from him, as this person has told me.

"Dean is my boyfriend, my everything, so I can't leave him. By the way, who is this?" I type each word carefully and send the text, waiting for a response. I jump, startled, and look back at my phone when I get a reply quickly.

"Your worst nightmare! And if you don't end things with him.. then I will.." - Unknown number

The words trail off just like that. I'm terrified of what the mystery person is capable of. I tried to tell my boyfriend about this, but he had already stressed about dealing with office meetings, so I couldn't. And I don't want him to stress out further for such unwanted things.

With a heavy sigh, I look at the clock and notice that it reads 8.10 am. It means I have another ten minutes to get ready for the office, and Dean will be here at the right time to pick me up.

I run to the bathroom and take a hot shower, getting dressed quickly. As I'm doing so, I encourage myself each time not to let my mind wandering around. As I'm reaching to tie my hair up in a bun, a sharp beep of a car horn catches my attention. I look through the window and see his car pull up in the driveway.

I wave a hand at him through the window before leaving the room excitedly. I kiss my mom's cheek when I reach downstairs and run to the front door, swinging the door open and locking it behind me.

When I enter the passenger side, he pulls me into a kiss and smiles at me. "Tell me, sweetheart, what do you wanna do with me today?"

"Mr. Ambrose, we have no time to flirt with each other because we have many works to do in the office." I poke his nose and flutter my eyes, giving him a sad look.

"Mr. Rollins, you and I have a day off today, so we can go anywhere and do whatever we want." He says and runs his fingers through my hair, gripping it suddenly and pulling me into a deep kiss.

We pull away from each other to catch our breath, but his hand is still on my hair. I glare at him and push him away when he tugs my hair a little harshly. "You're goddamn crazy," I whine while fixing my hair.

"Yeah, but only with you." He smirks and starts the car from the driveway.

I lean my head on the headrest and watch him from the side, admiring the smile on his face. I know his smile will fade away if I talk to him about the unknown number right now. With a frustrated sigh, I close my eyes and try to drift off, not even caring where we are going because my mind is not here with me now. It wonders whether I should talk to him about the unknown number or not.

A few minutes later, I blink open my eyes when I feel the car stop moving. I turn to look at him, but he's not here with me. Instead, he's approaching me at the passenger side door and opens it for me to get out.

"Thanks." I blush slightly and step out of the car, looking around unknowingly.

"You're very cute, sweetheart. You mean the world to me." He says while grabbing my hand and bringing it to his lips, kissing on the top. "Shall we?"

With that, I nod and look up to see where he has brought me. It is Top of the World, one of the expensive restaurants in Las Vegas. I look at the restaurant in awe and jump when he pats my shoulder to get my attention.

 I look at the restaurant in awe and jump when he pats my shoulder to get my attention

I smile softly and hold my hand with him, making our way into the restaurant. We have greeted by a blonde-haired woman whose name tag is Lacey Evans. "Welcome to the Top of the World! Do you have any reservations?" She asks politely as she tilts her head down.

"Yeah, I do under Dean Ambrose." He says and lets her check on the computer before leading us to a booth in the far right corner.

Once we are seated, we scan the menus in silence until she reappears with two glasses of water and places them in front of us. She then asks gently, "What can I do for you?" She notes our order as we have mentioned and leaves us alone.

With an exciting smile, I approach him lately and try to express my happiness. "Thank you for bringing me here. I didn't even imagine in my dream that I would deserve to come here and spend my time. It's all just like a dream for me." I still look around admiringly and see the decorations on the wall.

I glance back at him when he takes my hand and rubs his thumb over my knuckles. With a gentle kiss on my hand, he says, "I'll do anything to make you happy. You think you don't deserve to come here, but I think this restaurant deserves you to come here. So don't think yourself as low because you're highly huge to me."

I melt into the words and try not to cry in front of him, even if it's happy tears. I feel like I'm the luckiest person in this world because of having him. I look into his eyes and feel how much importance he gives to me.

We squint our eyes when the waitress comes out with our orders and hand me mine. She then passes the food over to him and winks at him before leaving. I mutter under my breath and glare at her until she's out of sight.

I turn around and notice that he is smirking at me. "What?" I ask while picking up the fork and digging the food in anger as I think about her.

He shrugs, "Nothing. You just kinda hot when you got mad and jealous." He smirks and winks at me.

"I'm not jealous!" I say through gritted teeth and look away from him.

He grabs my hand gently and tries to get my attention. "Mmm.. sure, whatever you say." He kisses my hand sweetly and tries to calm me. After that, we talk for a while and get to know each other better. "I want to go to the restroom, so I'll be right back in minutes." He says and gets up from the chair.

When he leaves for the restroom, I hear my phone buzz, so I quickly take my phone out and check the notification. It's another text from the unknown number. I have a doubt that the blackmailer is here and watching me from somewhere.

To confirm my doubt, I look around and check whether anyone is watching me, but I can't figure it out, so I peer back at the notification silently.

"Break up with Dean, or all hell will break loose." - Unknown number

I feel bad when I think about the blackmailer's strength. I don't want this person to threaten my relationship with Dean because we have meant for each other. If I don't want to lose my mind by all this, I want to share it with someone else before confessing to him.