-+- Soo-Won -+-

« She Loves Him »

It was a peaceful night in the castle when Princess Yona had turned sixteen years old. You watched her return to her room after having a conversation with Lord Soo-Won and her father, Emperor Il. You could only assume it was about her love for Lord Soo-Won.

"Princess Yona, it is very late. You should be going to bed soon." You said to her through her closed door holding a small lantern in my hand.

She sniffled as quietly as possible and blew out the light of the candle in her room. Silence. She didn't answer me. You could tell she wanted to be left alone.

You bowed to the door and quietly walked off.

Everyone in the castle knew about Yona's feelings. You haven't been working in the castle for very long, but even you knew. But who wouldn't love Soo-Won. He had a soft face, tame hair, and a lithe body. Every young girl and even some young men have fantasized about being with Lord Soo-Won.

Deep in your thoughts, you walked back to the servants' quarters to rest. You ran into someone.

"Oh? I'm sorry." A familiar voice said,"I wasn't watching where I was going. Silly me."

"Lord Soo-Won..!" You exclaimed in surprise, then quickly cleared your throat,"Um.. I mean.. L-Lord Soo-Won. My apologies for running into you at this very late hour."

"No need to be so formal with me," He said with a smile. It was cleaning.

You silently nodded and turned away.

"Wait! What is your name?" He called out.

"You need not to know the name of an insignificant servant, Lord Soo-Won." You said awkwardly.

He placed a hand on your shoulder, turning you red instantly,"I don't need to know, but I would like to know."

You let out a small sigh to gain some composure,"(Y/N)."

"You need to turn and introduce yourself to me. Wouldn't that be more polite?" He said.

You turned around and looked him straight in the eyes,"Lord Soo-Won. My name is (Y/N). A maid to Princess Yona of Hiryuu castle."

"What brings you to working here?" He asked.

"Why do you want to know?" You crossed your arms growing a little impatient.

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

He let out a small laugh,"You're cute, Miss (Y/N)," With his hand on your back, he guided you to the garden,"Alright, then I won't ask you about such personal things. Tell me, (Y/N). What do you think about Kouka Kingdom?"

"About Kouka? Well.. it think it's.. amazing here..."

"Be honest. Just because I am close relatives to the Emperor, doesn't mean I want to hear only good things about this kingdom." He sounded less air-heady and bubbly. This time it was serious and truthful.

"As honest as I want?"

"Yes."

"On the outside, this kingdom is beautiful and peaceful. It has a happy, bubbly Emperor. But..."

"But?"

"There are very poor people in villages struggling to find a job. Rich tyrants that are treated like gods. Sick elderly with their sons working far from home. Dry lands with scarce amounts of food. Orphans with no place to go. There are many things that I could talk about when it comes to this kingdom. Things that need to change." You started talking about your life unconsciously. The hardships you had to bare, that you thought he would never have to go through.