A Threat

(artwork for this chapter's cover photo is by me. It shows what Steve and Hero looks like in this Story)

I merely laugh at his screams, someone can finally see me after all these years of hiding. Or was I just that hard to find? Everyone thinks I'm a myth, but this guy knows I'm real. If he tells anyone, they'll think he has gone insane. 

I walked slowly to the male, chuckling low, as I chained him using a power to keep him still. "Oh, Stevie~" I cooed, baring my teeth at him with a grin. He struggled under my restraints I put him in. "Let me go, you monster! Who are you!?" He yelled at me, causing me to bark with laughter. "I am Herobrine, my dear Steve~," I said as I circled the boy. 

I decided to play with him, taking off the spell of the chains, and I hum. I pulled his hair to stay with me as he tried to make a run for it. He gasped in pain and he gripped my hand. "Let me go, you demon!" He screamed once more, his voice holding fear. He held no threat to me, so why would I? "What are you going to do if I do let you go, little mortal?" I asked, whispering in his ear. It caused shivers down his spine and I smile, his fear was feeding me. "Let me go..." He said quietly, causing me to pull at his hair harder. I didn't want to let my first prey go. "I'll ask again, my dear Steve. What are you going to do, if I do let you go?" I asked, growling as he gave no answer.

He glanced at me, fear was just plastered all over his face, and his lips trembled. I could see his mind working as he was trying to think of something to say. I was getting impatient and I tilt my head lightly as he finally spoke. "I'm going to tell everyone that I saw you, even Notch!" He said as he struggled to get me to let go. It was my turn to look shocked, my eyes wide as I stared at him. Notch? My brother? He was still alive? I scowled as I didn't believe that he was alive. 

Apparently, Steve had seen my face change from calm, shock, then anger. "He won't be able to see you. He's always busy!" I yelled as I knew that was how I died. He didn't come to my aid in the cave all those years ago, he was too busy to even hear my screams. "How do you know him?" Steve asked and I glare at him. I felt a wave of sadness just hit me, then it was overcome with anger. I growled and I threw him to the ground, scowling. I avert my gaze away, even if he can't tell from my white glowing eyes. "He's the one who announced I was dead all of those years ago. He was the one who betrayed me. He is my older brother" I said, frowning. 

Steve stared at me, eyes wide with confusion and shock. "That can't be you..." He said as he didn't believe me that I was Notch's younger dead brother. Of course, he doesn't, no one ever tried to look for me. No one tried to even believe that I was still alive. No one believes that I was the one who was announced dead. 

"Don't you dare tell Notch, or even try to, that I am alive. I will burn everything you love and own, then I will make your life a living hell" I growled, pushing him to the ground. When he turned to look at me, he was frozen. He didn't see me because I had made myself invisible. I wanted to stalk him, I didn't want to go back to the Nether just yet. The night is still young. Steve got up and ran to the village, I followed right behind him in the shadows of the moonlight. That was where I was going to strike next and blame it on Steve~