-30-

-30-

The Devil's Key

-

"I'm only going to tell you this once. Come to me if you want to know what the key does. I have the answers."

                 The darkness fades from you as your eyes open wide to the blaring light of the sun lighting up the room in harsh rays. You groan lightly as it does, bringing a hand up to shield your face from it. The room is mostly silent except for the shuffling of Brendon beside you, moving close to you now that you've woken up. His arm wraps around your waist and he rubs soft circles into your now bare hip. His cardigan is pooled on the floor with your jeans, but you're still dressed up in his shirt and your under garments, meaning he probably just undressed you to sleep.

               You sigh in relief from him, but a sudden wave of fear washes over you as you remember the key in the cardigan pocket. You scuffle out of bed as quiet and easy as you can manage, placing Brendon's arm on the bed and you lean over, picking up the cardigan, instantly pushing your hand into the pocket, feeling it's empty as you throw it over your shoulders. You also slip on your jeans, looking over at the clock by your bed side where it reads, '7:34'

                  Leaning over the bed, you place a hand beside Brendon's head, moving down to his head, kissing his forehead lightly, your heart thumping your chest. You can't believe you're doing this to him at all. You nuzzles against his head and move away, still surprised he hasn't woken up from your movements. You scurry out of the room quickly though, holding the key tightly within your clutch, heading down the hallway to what feels like your doom.

"What the fuck am I doing..." you mumble to yourself lightly as all you can hear in your head is the sound of your feet echoing off the walls almost taunting you and saying that you shouldn't be doing this.

              You toy with you nails, picking off the ends of them nervously as you stand in from of the door. The last time you were in front of this door, your life was almost claimed to the emperor. Last time he used your fear of Brendon against you, but now you aren't afraid of Brendon, so it will be interesting of what he might us agains you.

               Slowly, your hand turns the glass knob, pushing open the door with a skull knocker plastered across it. You close your eyes lightly as the freezing air from the room hits your skin and caresses your bones in unimaginable ways. It literally makes your bones shake. You step into the room, the familiar crunch of the glass sand hitting your ears under your shoes. You clench down on your teeth, holding your breath as you move toward the singular hanging light in the middle of the room. It's all too quiet though, not a sound being heard, but you.

"Emperor!" you call out into the room, summoning him.

                  The door slams shut with a loud bang, making you jump at the sound, your breath leaving your throat. You clutch your chest and look around to see if he's changed into anything yet. But nothing prevails from the darkness yet. No figure.

"What did I tell you? I would get you one day darling and now look where we are," his dark voice erupts with a slight rumble behind it, making you hold yourself tightly, taking a quivering breath.

"I'm not yours. You summoned me here. Now tell me what I want to know," you hiss out demandingly, glaring at the darkness.

"My eyes are here darling," the voice erupts from behind you and you instantly flash around.

               In front of you is a man who has a strong physique and looks fairly normal to the eye for the most part. His hair is as jet black as the darkness surrounding you both and his eyes glow white to you. A large scar goes over his left eye and down his chin. But from his waist down, his whole body is an amalgamation of darkness spewing from his with large black hands pulling him back in a cloud, obvious that he's stuck in it.