Laryngitis

Im the first to notice Noah with his head... completely shaved. Everyone else notices soon after which causes Artie to almost ram into me with his chair.

In glee club Mercedes and I where talking and laughing about the encounter between the two at her locker when Mr. Shue walks in.

"I am very disappointed in you guys." Mr. Shue scolds.

"I can't believe you narced on us." Finn said in disbelief.

"Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. I'm tired of carrying all your weight. Regionals is in a month guys." Rachel went on.

"I'm just trying to understand what's going on here. Finn, why did you stop singing?" Mr. Shue asked.

"Cause you started giving all the male leads to Jesse. It kind of shook my confidence, you know?" He responded shyly.

Santana sighs. "What difference does it make? Everyone knows that my job here is to look hot."

"My baby hormones are making me moody." Quinn excused.

"There are so many lyrics." Poor Brit.

Mr. Shue sighed. "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A glee club is about a myriad of voices coming together as one. All right? This ends now. Which is why your assignment for the week is for each of you to come up with a song that best represents how you see yourself- where you are in your lives right now. Your voice. Then... you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out. All of you."

"Solo's? In front of everyone?" Kurt's breath quickens in excitement.

"The glee club has lost its voice. It's time for us to get it back." Mr. Shue finishes. The bell rings and I walk out with Mercedes and Kurt.

"I am going to kill this assignment. If there's one thing that I know, it's my voice. I have exactly the same vocal range as 16th century castrato Orlando di lasso. But you know what he didn't have? A song by ms. Whitney Houston in his back pocket." Kurt brags.

"Hey Kurt!" We all hear someone yell. Kurt holds back as Mercedes and I continue to walk.

"Kurt's lucky. I have no idea what I'm going to sing." I say the stress already getting to me. Mercedes lightly nudges me.

"You'll find it. You have a great voice, you just need to find a song that speaks to you." She assured me looking a lot more confident then I felt.

Back in glee club later in the day I laugh at Noah's pick-up line. Mercedes was not impressed.

"All right, guys. Let's get things started." Mr. Shue shouts out.

"As I was first on the sign-up sheet, I'll kick things off." Rachel interrupts. Of course Mr. Shue takes it as he gives her a quiet 'okay'

"I have chosen Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' because it's about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds. In my case, the obstacle is you- my lackluster teammates who refuse to carry their own weight." We listen as Rachel starts singing.

I instantly cringe as right off the bat she's off key. I laugh, vividly remembering her ramblings from about thirty seconds ago. Every soon notices that her voice is off. Something is off, that's for sure. Everyone just looks uncomfortable- except Brittney who actually seemed to enjoy it.

I get home and my phone instantly rings. I answer without looking at the called ID and I immediately hear voices yelling.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey babe!" A familiar voice shouts. I wince but keep the phone close to my ear.

"... hey Jesse. How's spring break?" I ask calmly.