Makeover

I watched Kurt finally pick out his outfit from his bed and after he finishes changing I get up and kiss his cheek.

"Good luck today, Kurt. You got this!" I encourage and bolt out of the door to catch my train.

After school and after Kurt's done at Vogue, we walk around New York with our arms linked.

"So how did your first day go?" I ask with a smirk. He smiled widely.

"It was amazing... Isabelle actually asked me about some ideas." He informed. I basically squealed.

"I can't believe you work at Vogue." I say dreamily.

"So Rachel, How was dance class today?" Kurt asks, hoping for some drama I suppose. Rachel rolls her eyes.

"Horrible. I swear it, it was like a deleted scene from The Exorcist that was cut because it was actually too scary." Rachel explained.

"Oh, chilling." Kurt said.

"She's being dramatic." I sighed.

"And then I tried... I tried to be, like, nice and, you know, smile, but then the black swans said to me... I didn't know Lena Dunham was joining us today. So then I apologized and asked what i could've possibly done to them, so then the other one said my outfit did and they kept insulting it until they basically knocked me over... And all Danielle did was laugh and turn around to walk back into the room." Rachel finishes her story. Kurt gasped, turning towards me.

"You're apart of the black swans?! And you didn't tell me?!" Kurt asks with complete shock and betrayal. I roll my eyes, a smirk playing on my lips.

"It's not a big deal..." I reply. Kurt tried pushing me with our still linked arms.

"It so is a big deal." He scolds.

We get back to the apartment.

"You know, part of why I was so excited to come to New York was because I thought it would be a chance for me to start over, reinvent myself. I had no idea that it was going to be so exactly the same." Rachel complained.

"You were naive to think otherwise." I scoff.

"You know why you feel exactly the same?" Kurt asks.

"Hmm?"

"Because you're still dressing exactly the same. We're not in Ohio anymore, Rachel. And even then, it's not like we were on trend." Kurt grumbles.

"Excuse you. I was always on trend, and I was and am popular... I miss my Cheerios uniform." I murmur the last part. I was surprisingly home sick. I missed everything about McKinley, even Sue.

"I hate to say this, but life is like high school. Styles and cloths determine the pecking order." Kurt adds and I nod in agreement.

"Well, I don't know what you expect me to do. It's not like I can afford an entire new wardrobe." Rachel scoffs.

"Who says you'll have to pay for it?" Kurt asks as a thought had just struck him.

"Yes! Shoplifting... you guys are a lot more fun then I thought." I say honestly.

"Put down your chopsticks and follow me. I got an idea." Kurt says getting up. I smirk and follow him towards the door.

"It's almost midnight, what are you talking about?" Rachel asks, still not moving from her spot. I slip on a coat and wait impatiently on the door.

"I'm about to change your life. And maybe mine, too." Kurt says and we leave the apartment, hailing a taxi while we wait for Rachel. On the ride over, Kurt explains we'll be sneaking into Vogue and making a video for Rachel to try outfits on to find her look.