Funk

I walked into school with Artie, Tina, Kurt, and Mercedes. As we started down the hall, Mercedes started a conversation.

"Is it just me, or does it feel like we have a real shot at regionals next month?" Mercedes asked excitedly.

" the Ohio show choir chat rooms have all been buzzing about how vocal adrenaline has lost a step." Artie informed. I never went into any of those chat rooms.

"I agree- the judges know all of their tricks and now that we have Jesse, they've lost their best performer." Kurt adds. Before anymore could be said, Rachel runs up to us all looking worried but she tends to be a bit over dramatic.

"You guys have to come to the auditorium- it's an emergency!" She says and instantly runs off; we soon follow after her. we all walk into the auditorium to see most of the glee club there. I looked up at the stage and wasn't surprised to see Jesse standing up front and center. He had told me right when he left McKinley.

"Jesse? What are you doing up there with them?" Rachel asks surprised. I smirk knowing he didn't tell her.

"I've transferred back to Carmel high, Rachel. I'm sorry that it comes to this, but you guys were earful to me. You never accepted me, you never listened to my clearly superior ideas." Jesse ranted on. I rolled my eyes. I loved that man but sometimes his ego was a little bit bigger then my love for him.

"Why are you here in our auditorium?" Finn asks kind of cutting Jesse off, which I was thankful for.

"The blogs and chat rooms day that we're finished, and that you guys are ripe to topple us. We just wanted to show you something we came up with a few days ago to see if you agreed with that assessment." Jesse all but taunted. The group went to get in positions as 'another one bites the dust' by Queen started playing; and instantly my love for him had flared. Jesses blatant love for Queen was an extremely big thing we had in common.

We all watched them perform and I know there will never not be a time I'm not completely awed by Jesse and his talent.

As their song ended none of us made a move to clap or cheer as we usually did.

"Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium guys. It's quaint." The female lead vocalist said in a condescending tone. Geez, her nose was so far up it probably went up her ass. Jesse turned around and smirked at us and then proceeded to leave with the rest of his group. The bell rang after and we all left the auditorium.

"It's Carmel high tradition. They psych out the competition a few weeks before the big show. They call it funkification. Meaning they show us what they got, and we spiral into a deep black funk." Artie once again informs us all as we walk through the halls. Definitely feeling funky.

"Yeah. Yeah, we used to do the same thing to other football teams. You know, try and get inside their head before a big game, pull little pranks to intimidate them." Finn said, shrugging it off even though I could tell it was getting to him.

"Yeah, well, the difference was our football team sucked. Those guys are golden." Noah said definitely feeling the funk.

"Come on, keep your heads up guys. It's going to take more then that to get us into a funk." Kurt said, soon trailing off. I wasn't too sure about that; especially after I walked in and saw our choir room completely trashed with toilet paper. We all immediately started cleaning up.

"I feel so violated. It's like someone broke into our home." Tina vented and I felt that. This room was our home and Jesse had no right to trash it. I was silently fuming as I threw a big wad of toilet paper into the trash, standing next to Tina.

"Look, it was just a lame little prank, and the fact that they're trying to get to us means maybe we got them spooked." Mr. Shue said, trying to optimistic as always.