chapter 2.20

This chapter was hard for me to write because I needed to watch a scene from 3x18 again so enjoy oh and from 3x16 now enjoy. This finale was......heart wrenching beautiful but above all amazing and sad......

"Catarina is he..." Alec asked when Catarina walked out of the infirmary. Catarina gave Alec a soft nod feeling so incredibly happy that her friend was safe and alive. "you can visit him," Catarina said placing a hand on Alec his shoulder to calm him, Alec his whole body was stressed and happy but still tens. "but, we need to talk later," Catarina said now more serious and with a stern and at the same time calm voice. Alec gave a small nob before walking through the doors seeing Magnus stand with his back to him putting his shirt on. Alec didn't know what to say seeing Magnus stand there after weeks maybe even months thinking he was dead did something to him it made him happy but at the same time devastated and he was filled with regret because he gave up on Magnus so soon. "Magnus," was the only thing Alec could mumble looking at Magnus his back while his eyes filled with tears when he saw Magnus stand there with his hair flat on his face and no makeup on. When Magnus was looking at him his eyes were filled with happiness. Alec walked over to Magnus hugging him tight still not completely believing it was Magnus. When Alec felt Magnus his arms hugging him he calmed down. "you're alive," Alec said chuckling about his own words. "I am," Magnus said nodding before kissing Alec. After months it felt so good and this wasn't a rushed kiss, no it was a passionate, loving kiss. When Alec pulled away he hugged Magnus again burying his head on Magnus his neck. "I am so sorry," Alec mumbled after a nice silence. "for what," Magnus said pulling away placing his hand on Alec his cheek whipping away his tear with his thumb. "for giving up on you, for dragging you into this mess named 'my life'," Alec said leaning with his forehead against Magnus' forehead. "I am so sorry," Alec mumbled again. "never, ever be sorry for who you are," Magnus said before giving Alec a long and loving kiss before Clary, Jace, Simon, and Izzy walked in. "biscuit," Magnus said before hugging her, "I still don't do hugs, but it's good to have you back Magnus," Jace said when Magnus pulled away from Clary and looked over at Jace. "it's good to be back," Magnus said before giving the rest a small hug.

"Magnus are you okay," Alec asked looking at Magnus who was still not wearing makeup and his hair was still down. "Yeah, I just...need to learn how to live as a mundane," "Magnus of course you do, you have lived for over 800 years as a warlock it has been a lost of identity for you but there is a spark in you that I can't explain the spark that I fell in love with that lights up everything and everyone around you, Magnus you're special to me and to everyone else, and we support you," Alec said some a bit of pain in his voice. "Thank you, Alexander," Magnus said waking over to Alec holding his cheek before giving him a long kiss.

"Alexander are you in here," Magnus asked opening the door to Alec his bedroom in the Institute. "yeah," Alec mumbled trying to smile while the only thing he could feel was regret and pain from giving up on Magnus from leaving him from pushing everyone away. "what's wrong," Magnus asked when he saw Alec sit on his bed with his head down and a sad face. "I can't stop thinking about what happened, Magnus, you sacrificed everything you magic your...your life and all because of me," (BTW, Magnus knows about the whole magic thing and he is still devasted but he cares more about Alec so he is trying to make peace with it,) "Alec for all I know, Makayla so-called snapped my neck, I don't blame you," Magnus said sitting down on the edge of the bed and placing a hand on Alec his hand but Alec quickly pulled away. "Magnus, I can't, you sacrificed everything, and what do you get back for it...nothing you gave up everything, I dragged you into this mess, because of me, you lost your powers," Alec said as a tear fell down his cheek, the only thing he could feel was guilt, pain sorrow, and regret. "Alec, being with you is all I need, of course I am devasted that I lost my magic but I have you, truly that's enough," Magnus said standing up and walking over to Alec sitting down next to Alec, well not for long because Alec stood up walking to the other side of the room. "Magnus you don't see the bigger picture, yo..." "what is the bigger picture," Magnus asked trying everything to prevent from what he thought was happening. "that I am only bad, we are way too different and now, you needed to pay the price, Magnus I can't do this I can't live my life knowing that all that has happened to you was my fault," Alec said. "Alec, don't do this, talk to me don't push me away, I am here and I am alive, please tell me what is going on, tell me why breaking up is gonna fix things, Alec, I don't wanna lose you," Magnus said as he felt a pain in his heart something he hasn't felt in a long time...

"for almost a hundred years I closed myself off to feeling anything from anyone...you unlocked something in me," Magnus his voice said handing Alec another drink. It was the night of their first time Alec was already a little drunk and Magnus wasn't completely sober either. "I guess I could partly say the same thing only without the hundred years stuff," Alec said with a soft chuckle. "yeah, but I am not just joking there is something about you that just...I can't put my finger on it," Magnus said with a soft smile handing Alec his drink, and it was true there was something about that he couldn't quite understand it.

"There is no fixing this, I am sorry Magnus, but every time I see you I am so happy at first and then I think about what you did, to save everyone you sacrificed too much and I can't let you sacrifice anymore I care too much about you, I love you but..." Alec had a hard time saying the words as Magnus slowly approached him. "I love you too, and if you really loved me you would know that this would only hurt me more, I lost my magic, my job everything, I don't wanna lose you too Alec," Magnus said grabbing Alec his cheek and leaning his forehead against Alec's, Alec closed his eyes not wanting to see Magnus his face as Magnus softly pressed his lips against Alec's Magnus slowly pulled away before giving Alec another kiss. "Stay with me, please," Magnus whispered holding Alec his cheek with shaking hands "come on stay with me," Magnus whispered holding his tear back. "Magnus," Alec said almost whispering as Magnus let go of Alec his cheeks still holding his hands close to them. "I can't," Alec mumbled as Magnus removes his hands from Alec his cheek let them hang on both sides of his body looking at Alec in pain. "I am sorry," Alec said before walking out he didn't want Magnus to see him break Magnus meant so much to him but he felt like this was the only option to keep him safe. Magnus was standing there in the middle of Alec his bedroom his eyes filled with pain and devastation the one person he thought would never break his heart did it. Alec couldn't think clear he was filled with regret and pain, sorrow and so much more emotions that he didn't know that what he just did would change him...maybe even forever...

I know, emotional chapter I am sorry but thoughts????