Chapter 5: Dangerous Games

- Lexa ... wake up now ... Lexa

Lexa was beginning to wake up slowly, her ears registering that familiar voice of her boss, who sounded quite close . The first thing she felt was a strong headache that was coming from the base of her neck.

She felt dizzy, and her stomach was churning. She opened her eyes slowly, her vision somewhat cloudy. It took a few seconds to focus, meeting those two blue spheres so close that she could reach out and touch them.

That beautiful face ... but her stomach was rough. Lexa really wasn't sure what was wrong but she felt like the acid content in her stomach was about to shoot up via her throat.

Lexa pushed against Clarke roughly, almost making her fall, as the CEO was

almost kneeling next to her as she lay on the white leather sofa in the living room. To her good fortune, Sofia was also there with a container that she extended to Lexa immediately so that she could vomit everything she needed to get out of her system.

Lexa felt like her stomach was about to burst out of her mouth, she felt that awful. Clarke stood up to make herself look busy. If something disgusted her, it was watching people vomit...it had a horrible effect on her own stomach.

She still did not understand why she felt sorrow for Lexa, and really hoped that she had made the right decision. Everything was at stake.... not only her company and secret projects, but her own life. But that brunette with green eyes ...

-  YUCK ... Shit! ... Christ! I'm sorry Miss Griffin ... I don't know what... -  Lexa  looked at the woman who resembled that of a cold demon. Her eyes became slightly angry for a moment, on the verge of making a few points clear and giving her boss a few home truths. "Damn insensitive shit" thought Lexa to herself.

Her stomach was still bothering her, but she didn't think she would vomit again. She didn't understand what the hell had happened to her. Everything that had stopped her from trying to walk towards the door , dizziness, and suddenly everything had turned dark.

- Yes Lexa, it's about time you woke up! Now we are going to be late for the party, fantastic! Have you finished throwing up yet? - Clarke was talking with her back to Lexa, who was busy cleaning her mouth with a napkin that Sofia had graciously handed to her.

She wondered if perhaps the meal she had enjoyed with Ontari in the villa could have been in poor condition? What a poor time to get intoxicated. But Lexa was more pissed at the reaction from this pedantic and cold woman, who she was seriously beginning to dislike at this moment in time. She took a few deep breaths, and drank a little from the glass of water that Sofia had been so incredibly kind to get for her.

-  Thank you very much Sofia, you are very kind- whispered Lexa, still feeling out of sorts.

-  I just do my job, Miss Woods. Do you feel better?

- Yes.... I think if ... I knew what happened to me, I would feel more at ease, but suddenly everything went dark ... and ...

-   I see that she 's awake and recovered, so let's not waste any more time. Can you drive tonight?- Snarked the CEO.

Clarke immediately cut the pleasant talk between Lexa and Sofia. She did not enjoy being so unpleasant really, but she needed to do it. She needed to keep her mask in place, needed Lexa to see her with respect and to know what she was about... that she could not have any expectation of warmth when dealing with her.

Lexa stabbed her green eyes at her with a clear hatred. Clarke saw them immediately, forcing her to swallow uncomfortably. It was incredible power that the brunette had in that look, it could kill anyone and Clarke guessed that she was first in line at the moment. But she simply stayed in her position, although seeing her new employee so weak had affected her a little and that bothered her more than she cared to admit. She did not understand what the fuck was happening with this woman, but she needed to finish whatever it was.