Chapter 23: Feelings & Duties

After the rich and delightful breakfast, Clarke proposed to Lexa that they take part in some surfing as the CEO loved to enjoy the waves mid-morning. The brunette accepted quickly, she had not surfed in a while, and was always keen to ride the waves and have fun.

The waves were excellent as always on the island. The temperature in the air felt perfect, so the refreshing sea water was great. For Lexa, seeing Clarke in her swimsuit and walking along the beach with her surfboard felt special and surreal.

She was desperate to blink her eyes and pretend that this was the way it was, two women in love, starting a relationship, and enjoying a natural paradise without secret identities and secret creations, that could endanger world security. Lexa would do anything to be able to keep the reality that she was in right at this moment now, surfing the waves and smiling whilst competing to win the best surf.

It was refreshing for Clarke to ride the waves with her brunette, who in that propene suit looked more than wonderful and perfect. She watched Lexa climb onto her surfboard to catch the first big wave with a smile lighting her beautiful face.

Sitting on her surfboard and floating in the water, Clarke got a little lost in her mind whilst watching Lexa surfing like a professional, something that surprised her, but brought her great pleasure. Without a doubt, Lexa was the perfect companion she thought to herself, smiling. She imagined, or rather, wished for a brief moment how nice it would be to not be who she was, the famous CEO, creator of such advanced technology. Clarke wanted to be a "simple mortal", like Lexa. She wanted to live a romance without doubts, without limits, and without fears of secret identities.

It was the first time in her life that the CEO wished not to be who she was, and it was all for that brunette, who was now paddling with her arms again on her surfboard, approaching where Clarke was casually drifting in the water, and looking lost in her thoughts. It was a pretty fantasy, but it was just that, she reminded herself. This brunette was a charm with her personality, and almost too perfect to be by her side, and sharing her life in a way that she never imagined she would do with someone.

- Are you ok Clarke? The waves are great... - Spoke Lexa, the adrenaline from riding the waves still surging through her as she looked at the blonde and smiled.

- Oh... ermmm... sure, yes, I'm fine. Whenever I surf, I like to sit on the board like this and meditate on things. Water has always been an element that relaxes me and helps me to think... - Clarke explained, coming out of her desires and fantasies.

- I understand that perfectly... I find it relaxing as well. I love being near the ocean, or natural places with water, maybe it's due to our signs of the zodiac... you know? We belong to the same group of the element "Water", Cancer and Scorpio.

- Wow, do you really believe in that zodiac nonsense Lexa? - Clarke joked, refusing to reveal that she read her horoscope every day with her breakfast, but it was something she would never admit to, not with her social and intelligence level. She knew about the elements, and about how perfectly aligned hers was with Lexa's. Perhaps it was partly because the brunette was born under the sign of Cancer, one of the best matches for Scorpio.

- (Lexa laughed) Well... it's what I read, I didn't say I believe in it. I imagine that you too have heard of the zodiac signs and their groups etc., without necessarily believing in it. - Lexa felt a little embarrassed because she did believe in the signs of the zodiac, but she now felt quite foolish with how Clarke had teased her about them.

- Yes.... well, see ya... - Clarke immediately got carried away by the first huge wave that came, leaving the talk behind and Lexa still watching her smiling.