Taking Things Slow

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been 6 months since Hayes and I broke up. Hayes and I broke, because we fought all the time and he called me a lot of hurtful names. Now that I think about it, I miss Hayes a lot. All I want is him. I know that he cheated on me and broke my heart, but I still have feelings for him.

Hayes and I use to live together when we were dating, but now I live with my best friend's, Colby Brock, apartment. Colby and I are like brother and sister.

I was laying on my bed and going through the pictures of me and Hayes. I felt a couple tears roll down my cheeks. Then I heard someone know on my bedroom door. I quickly sat up and wiped the tears away.

"Come in!" I say.

My bedroom door opens and Colby walks in.

"Do you want to go exploring with me and Sam?" Colby asked.

"No thanks" I say.

"Are you sure? It would help you get your mind off Hayes" He says.

"It's ok. You guys go exploring and have fun" I say.

"Ok, I'll see you later" He says.

Colby gives me a hug and then he left. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand. I unlocked my phone, clicked on my messages, and clicked on Hayes's number. I started typing a message and debated on if I should send it or not so I just clicked send.

Me: hey, can you come over please? I need to talk to you about something

I sighed. I shut my phone off and waited for Hayes to text me back, which didn't take long.

Hayes: yea, I'll be there in 15 minutes

I laid back on my bed and waited for Hayes to get here.

*15 MINUTES LATER*

I heard a knock on the door. I got off my bed and went to answer it. It was Hayes.

"Hey" I say.

"Hey" Hayes says.

I let Hayes come inside. We went to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" He asked.

"I know that we broke up 6 months ago, but I can't get you off my mind. You're constantly on my mind 24/7. I try to get you off my mind, but it doesn't work. I'm still in love with you. I miss you" I say.

Hayes looks at me with a shocked look on his face.

"You're still in love with me?" Hayes asked.

"Yes" I say.

"Why would you still be in love with me when I called you a bunch of hurtful names?" He asked.

"We jumped into a relationship we weren't ready to commit to and we took things fast" I say.

Hayes ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

"Are you saying that we should get back together?" Hayes asked.

"Yes, but we're going to have to take things slow. What do you think?" I say.

Hayes sat there and thought about it for a minute and then looked at me. He leaned in slowly and placed his lips on mine. Our lips moved in sync. I felt a spark that I never felt with Hayes before. We smiled into the kiss. We pulled away slowly and smiled while looking into each other's eyes. Hayes puts my hand in his hand and we intertwined our fingers.

"Let's get back together" Hayes smiles.

I smile and kissed Hayes. That's when we heard the door open. Hayes and I looked at the door and seen Colby. Colby looked at us confused.

"Why are you two holding hands?" Colby asked.

"Hayes and I are back together" I smile.

"I thought you two broke up cause you two fought too much?" He says.

"We're taking things slow this time" I say.

"Oh, well I'm happy for you two" He says.

"Thanks" Hayes and I say with a smile.

"Hayes, (Y/N) is like a little sister to me so if you break her heart again, I'll break you" Colby says.

"Trust me, I won't. I learned my lesson from the first time" Hayes says.

Hayes looks at me and smiles. I smile back and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. Hayes and I took things slow and we're getting along just great now.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

It's been forever since I updated and I'm sorry about that. I got busy, but I'll try to update the best I can.

Comment what you guys think about this imagine🙂🙃

Enjoy!🤗

~Shannon Ann✖️🖤