It's You (Issa and Beyonce)

"Issa, thanks again for doing this. These past few days mean a lot to me," I said to my friend.

She made the kind of noise you make when someone thanks you for something and you feel its unnecessary. "You know I got you." She looked at me sincerely.

I smiled. "I do know."

"So do you think you're ready to meet somebody new? Just have fun."

My smile faded. "Someone new, as in someone I don't know?"

Issa chuckled and nodded. "Exactly. I have a connect who I think would be a good fit for you. She's smart, educated, independent, has a healthy lifestyle, and FOINE as hell."

I made a mental note over how Issa emphasized the "fine" part.

"Wow, and you saved her just for me?" I teased.

Amusement shined in her eyes before responding. "I mean, you were with Lupita and she was seeing someone."

I nodded. "Well, what's her name?"

Issa eagerly gave me more information on the woman. Her name was Halle and she was an acting coach, and she also recently got out of a relationship. She was indeed beautiful. But I wasn't that interested.

"Don't put pressure on yourself, just have fun...think of it as getting to know someone," Issa advised.

I smiled. "I know how to date, Issa."

Issa nodded slowly and awkwardly. "Right, you do, you do. I just meant don't stress yourself out. I know you just got of a relationship and aren't trying to rush into anything."

"I know what you meant." I smiled at her. "Thank you, love."

"Don't mention it."

We stared at each other for a moment until Issa sheepishly looked away. She was adorable.

"So, um, we should be heading out now, right?" she asked.

We were meeting up with some of our other friends for dinner. I'd rather continue spending time with Issa at her house, but after her wanting to ship me off with someone else, the mood went down.

"I'll drive," I decided.

"Oh noo," Issa joked.

"Shut up." I smacked her ass and smirked.

"Ow, damn. That hand is a lot stronger than it looks."

The girls and I met up at our favorite Mexican joint. Normally Lupita would be here but thankfully she wasn't. It was me, Issa, Kelly, Janelle, and Lena.

"Hey, look at you, beauty," Kelly smiled, hugging me.

"You look all rejuvenated and full of hopes and dreams," Lena commented.

"Y'all know she always look good," Janelle said.

"I'm just trying to keep up with y'all," I replied, finally taking my seat at the table.

"The real reason she's glowing is 'cause she was with me, thank you very much," Issa said, playfully sassily pursing her lips.

I just looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Oh y'all were together?" Janelle asked.

I nodded. "Issa had my back and looked after me."

"Awww," they cooed.

"You know I would have but I was working," Kelly said, pouting.

"But I took off," Issa said, wobbling her neck jokingly, just as the waiter arrived.