Consequence (Normani and Nicki Minaj)

Onika had just finished getting her hair done, but she lingered at the salon to chat with her stylist, Lauren.

"Wait...hold up..." Onika said to no one in particular. "Word?"

Lauren watched her client and friend on her phone. Comical expressions danced on Onika's face.

"Uh oh, what happened?" Lauren, a light skinned woman asked.

"Girl..." Onika suddenly looked at the other woman pointedly. "Let me get out of here."

"Everything alright?" Lauren watched as Onika got up and put on her black mink coat and collected her Hermes bag. Her lengthy jet black hair hung at armpit length with perfect blunt bags that framed her face and lashes immaculately.

"My hair is laid as usual, thanks ladybug," was all Onika said.

Onika got into her convertible, tossing her purse into the passenger's seat. She put her phone on speaker as she called Normani. The longer it took to ring, the more vexed the woman became. She sighed heavily and gripped her steering wheel thinking of all the ways she'd punish the girl.

The images of the girl sitting on someone else's lap and the videos of her "backing it up" at a party were downright offensive. How could she disrespect Onika like that? Especially after they recently made things official.

Onika was sent to voicemail but kept calling until Normani eventually answered.

"Hello?" She sounded annoyed.

"Hi babe, where are you?"

"At Ally's party, I told you."

Onika didn't say anything.

"Where are you?" Normani asked.

"I just left the salon. You coming home soon?"

"No, we didn't sing happy birthday yet."

After a beat, Onika replied, "Aight, when you figure y'all gonna cut the cake?"

"I don't know, maybe a half hour? Everyone's lit right now." She laughed some.

"Including you."

"Huh?"

"Let me get off this phone, I'm driving."

"...Okay, I'll see you later?"

"Yeah."

You'll see me alright, Onika thought with a smirk. Onika hung up. She could tell Normani was wondering why she was being short with her. Blasting "Victory" by Biggie Smalls and Diddy, Onika cruised to her destination.

In about twenty minutes, she arrived at a medium size house. Onika removed her coat before getting out the car. A crowd of guys who were smoking on the porch whistled at her. Onika rolled her eyes and rang the bell.

"Hi Onika!" a petite Latinx girl with highlights greeted cheerily. She threw her arms open for a hug. "Glad you could make it."

Onika wrapped an arm around the girl while scoping the place. It was warm and packed in there and someone was assaulting the karaoke system with their horrendous vocals.

"Do you want a drink?" Ally asked.

Onika decided she did and let the girl lead her to the kitchen.

"Normani is around here somewhere," Ally said as Onika poured herself a beer. Suddenly someone had Ally's attention. "Robyn!"

"What's up?" a tall girl with a Caribbean accent walked over.