Vibration part 2 (Sza and Normani)

AN: Bare with me xo.

As soon as we came in the house, Tamar wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you," she whispered.

I returned the hug. "Yeah, of course." I knew she was referring to my support. Her father had a stroke and had been in the hospital. Thankfully, after a couple of days he was able to go home.

Tamar started weeping and sniffling into my neck and shirt causing me to rub her back and whisper words of comfort. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling. The thought of my parents in that predicament alone hurt me.

"He's home now," I reminded her.

She nodded and sniffled, looking back at me with her flushed face.

"Why don't I run you a bath?" I suggested.

She liked the idea. "Will you join me?"

I almost hesitated. "If you want me to."

"I want you too."

I drew a bubble bath for us and played some Mariah Carey as our backdrop knowing she was one of Tamar's favorite artists.

"'Cause I can't go on, living in the memory of our song, I'd give my all," Tamar sang to me. "For your love, tonight."

I smiled and kissed her cheek. She took my chin and gave me a juicy kiss that I couldn't resist. One thing led to another.

For the next two weeks, things improved between Tamar and me. I guess it took her father being ill.

I now had to eat my words.

But little did I know things would change.

~

One day I came home from the studio to Tamar and her family girl-chatting in the living room. It was her mother and two of her sisters. I hugged them all and then Tamar, who just patted my back.

"Hey boo-thang." She smiled.

"How's everyone?" I said, shaking it off, and talking to her family.

"Just fine, dear," Miss E replied. "And yourself?"

"Oh, you know, just working," I said, sitting besides Tamar.

"When you gonna let us hear some music?" Miss E asked me.

I smiled. "I can play you something the next time you come, if you want."

"Sign me up."

"It's a plan, then."

"Can I hear it too?" Traci asked me.

"Yeah, let's make it a family thing."

I saw Tamar smiling at me from my peripheral vision, but I paid her no mind with that weak nonchalant greeting she'd given me.

"We need to do a song together!" Traci added.

"Okay, now you're team too much, Trace, come on," Tamar intercepted.

I laughed some. "It's okay."

"Nooo, it is not," Tamar insisted with wide eyes.

They started arguing. Even though me, Miss E. and Towanda all exchanged looks, we were used to it.

"You're always trying to downplay me!" Traci accused Tamar.

"What?" Tamar shrieked. "What?"

"You are! No matter what I try to do with my life, here you come, bringing me down, making me feel like I ain't worth shit!"