Vibration (Sza and Normani)

I was cleaning up around the house and every room I went in so far, my girlfriend was sucking her teeth. She got what she wanted because I dumped the dirt from the dustpan into the garbage and finally gave her my undivided attention.

I didn't even say anything, I folded my arms and arched an eyebrow at her.

She was leaned up against the bathroom counter, looking all irritable. She blinked slowly and nodded her head to the side, sizing me up.

I looked down, shaking my head and chuckling. "Tamar." I clapped lightly. "You still mad?"

"Is two plus two four? Yeah, I'm mad," she huffed. "If I can't count on my girlfriend to give me exposure, who can I count on?"

"I never said I won't post it, Tamar."

"It's been two days. What you waitin' for?"

"Why do I need to post it when you already did?"

Tamar grimaced like I'd just insulted her intelligence. "You got more followers than me!"

I covered my eyes. How was this my life? How did I manage to live a life where I was fighting with my girlfriend over an Instagram repost?

I blame social media. It really is the devil.

"Tamar, do you hear yourself? All this over Instagram?"

"Nope, nope, don't do me. Don't try to play me like I'm some child." She started coming towards me, pointing her finger. "You know damn well it's bigger than Instagram...if I was one of your little celebrity friends, your thirsty ass would've been posted me, and you know I'm motherfucking right!"

"Tamar. Back up."

"Are you ashamed of me?"

Her eyes welled.

"Tamar, what? No, I'm not ashamed of you!"

She sniffled a few times, so I handed her tissue.

"I was about to say. You with a prize. Ain't nothing to be ashamed of with all of this."

"Okay."

Tamar stopped wiping her eyes and looked at me.

"I have to get ready," I said, glancing at the shower.

She let me be and I started up the shower. My hair was already tied up and then I put on a shower cap and hopped in the hot water. I didn't have the time to stay in there for as long as I'd like because I had an appointment. But I was looking forward to where I was going.

Tamar was on her phone in our room as I began getting dressed. We didn't say a word until I was about to leave.

"I'll see you later," I said.

"Bye."

~

Normani's assistant, Layla, greeted me at the door.

"Come on in, Normani's in her beauty room," the cute, chubby girl informed. "She just got her hair braided."

"Oh. I know she's looking fly."

We laughed as I walked with her throughout the foyer.

"Can I get you a drink?" Layla offered.

"Umm, I think I'm good right now. But thanks, hon."

"Straight to Normani, huh?" she joked.

I looked at her and laughed softly. "You are a mess."

She laughed jovially. "Come on."