Tryna See Sumn (featuring Normani and Ruby Rose) Part 1

"What I miss?" Zendaya asks, sitting down at our usual spot in the café. There was already amusement beaming from her glasses, as if she can only imagine what the discussion was about.

"These two are betting over who can pull Normani," I explain with a slight roll of my eyes.

Zendaya snorted a laugh, drawing the attention from Kehlani and Teyana, who now ceased their playful debate.

"What's funny, Z?" Teyana asks. There's silence for about two seconds. "You think you have what it takes?"

"I think I have a better chance than y'all do," Zendaya counters.

"There she go, talking her shit," Kehlani says.

"What makes you think you have a better chance?" Teyana ignores Kehlani.

"Girls love me, what can I say?" Zendaya shrugs, a smirk following.

"They love me too, so what's your point?"

"I think we can all agree that ladies like us," I chime in before those two can go at it.

"Sorry, Ruby, but we don't know if Normani is that lady for you," Kehlani replies, patting my back.

Teyana and Zendaya have the audacity to stifle laughter.

Offended, I say, "Why? Because I'm white?"

No one says anything, which further proves me right.

"You guys are so—"

"I'm not racist," Zendaya interjects, holding up her hands.

"You have a whole white parent," Teyana points out to Zendaya, looking at me and Kehlani, humorously mouthing "what?" as if to say "what is this silly girl on about?"

I clear my throat. "Actually, I was going to say small minded or close minded."

"Good 'cause black people can't be racist," Kehlani retorts immediately.

Teyana tucks in her lips and Zendaya nods, saying, "it's true."

"Anyways, can I please speak in peace?" I reply.

"Talk your shit, Rube," Teyana encourages, giving me her undivided attention.

Sighing, I say, "Thank you. So as I was saying, close minded...how do you know Normani wouldn't be interested?" My blue-gray eyes sweep over my friends daringly.

"Honestly, I don't think she's crazy about aggressive, butch women," Zendaya answers. "But that's just my take."

Kehlani and Teyana exchange looks.

"Butch? Do I look like Young MA to you?" Kehlani laughs, making Teyana and even me chuckle as well.

"I didn't say anything about looks. Hear me out, I just think Normani would like a woman who would let her grab her titties and ass."

"And you have neither," Teyana responds.

"Whoaaaa," Kehlani and I say.

"Teyana, really?" I look at her.

"What? I'm just saying since she just know Normani would rather her."

"I don't need ass nor titties when I have this face, these hands, my swag and my tongue." Zendaya plasters on an exaggerated smirk.

"Tell her, Z!" Kehlani cheers.

Teyana laughs. "I'm just fucking with you, Z, you know you're beautiful." She made a kissing noise at her.