Allure (Meg Thee Stallion) Part 4

"And don't even think of trying no slick shit when you over there," JT warned me.

I cocked my head to the side. "Oh, you being possessive?" I laughed.

"Period." She pursed her lips at me, flipping her hair, and got up from the table. I watched as she switched her hips and went to talk to one of her friends, smiling all sweetly like she wasn't just making threats.

"She a whole fool," I said, shaking my head and eyeing my lunch. I was almost done with my turkey and cheese sub.

"You know how she is," Caresha replied, playing a game on her phone.

"Yeah, but she can't be possessive if we not together."

"What y'all talking about?" JT sat on my lap when she came back.

"You." I made sure to look her in the eyes when she turned to look at me. "You catching feelings?"

She made a face. "What you mean 'am I catching feelings'?"

I just smirked at her.

"Why you asking me that? 'Cause I said don't try nothing when you go over there?"

"Yeah, 'cause last I checked, we both single."

She processed what I said and gathered her hair up in a ponytail. "So what that mean? You interested in Paula again?"

"I didn't say that."

JT sucked her teeth and got off my lap. "You better hope she don't find out why you really cancelled on her. Caresha, let's go before I do something I regret."

"What you gon' do?" I looked at her.

JT ignored me. "Caresha!"

"I'm coming," she dragged out and hoisted her tote bag over her shoulder before giving me a sympathetic smile. "Bye, Meg."

"Later."

JT could stay mad. When is she not? She'll be begging for it again by the end of the week.

As I ate the rest of my lunch alone, I tried to tune out the guilt I felt. Not for JT but for Paula. I really wanted to go on the date with her, but the temptation was strong that night with JT.

And let's not act like it wouldn't have been royally fucked up if I showed up to the date knowing I'd been touching, feeling, and rubbing on another woman's pussy.

Now, I don't know if it's my karma (I still don't get how because I'm single at the end of the day) but Paula hasn't made rescheduling easy. She's basically giving me the run around. I don't like that.

I'm hoping she'll be there when I go to Daya's, who I was surprised reached out and invited me to practice our presentation at her house. She seems like she's in a good mood these days.

When I got home, I set an alarm on my phone, ate and took my nap.

"We're gonna ace this thing," Daya said. "What?" she laughed some when all I could do was just look at her.

This time I laughed. "No, you just seem so different now. Like you hated the world before, but now you're Gucci. But that's great, I'm happy for you."

She giggled some, leaning forward and then back while remaining seated on her bed. "Thank you. And my mom said the same thing, so..."

"You wanna share what's going on?"

She hesitated. "You know Jules? The blonde?"

"Your friend?"