I believe in you part 2

The next day at school I went to the library. I went to the science section. After poring over the selections, I went to the art books. This is what I get for trying to be cute. I was in over my head, so I went to the front desk.

"Excuse me," I called since no one was there.

A girl quickly ran out front from the back room. She was a cutie.

"Hi, how can I help you?" she said, smiling cheerfully

"Hi. Do you have any books on science art?" I scrunched up my face a little, knowing it probably sounded strange

She giggled for some reason.

"It sounds crazy, right?" I said.

"No, not really. But I can tell you think it is." She grinned.

"I signed up for the class and I might as well be on another planet."

She laughed.

I made a noise that was supposed to mimic an explosion, emphasized by my hands spreading away from my head. She kept laughing.

"You're funny...what's your name?"

"Teyana. Yours?"

"You can call me Kay."

"O-Kay." I arched my eyebrow at her, like I was The Rock.

Her head leaned back as she laughed yet again.

"I promise you I am not that funny," I said and chuckled.

"Well, I think you are, Teyana." She tilted her head to the side with a closed-mouth smile, her dimple still popping.

"And I think you're cute," I almost said.

"So, science art," she said, patting the desk.

I smiled at her and watched her walk away to another area and grab some papers. She handed them to me.

"Unfortunately, we don't have books on science art itself," she said and then cupped the side of her mouth, mumbling conspiratorially, "because it's this new made-up thing." She used air-quotes. "But! I started a club about it. I'll be honest, it's pretty dead. But if you're interested, I'd love to have you."

"Oh really?" I took a look at the papers. One was a questionnaire and another was like a bio page.

"Let me get you a folder."

When she came back and handed a purple folder, I thanked her.

"Yeah, no problem."

"What days do you meet?"

"It's once a week. We're having one Wednesday—at 4:30 sharp. Here at the school."

I nodded. "Okay. I'll think about it."