Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother

Cinderella wasn't troubled because she didn't know what to do. What troubled her was that knew what she had to do. The last thing she wanted was to break Christopher's heart. He was the kindest man she'd ever met since her father. He loved her the moment he saw her and valued her the way a man should. She too had been entranced by their first encounter—she'd dropped her grocery items in the middle of the street and he came to help—and happily said yes when he proposed. But as time went on, there was someone who was not her husband that made her heart race the way it does when one interacts with their crush; the lingering smile on her face whenever that someone came around.

She'd replay their moments over and over again in her mind. She even imagined what life might look like had they united in marriage instead. Maybe it wasn't impossible. After all, Cinderella's fairy godmother had shown her that things are happening every day.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Christopher asked. He was getting ready for his early morning jog.

"Yes, I'm sure, babe." Cinderella touched her stomach, reminding him that she was cramping.

Christopher immediately understood and kissed her forehead and then her stomach. "Feel better, my love."

She smiled. "Enjoy your run."

She waited until he was out of the house and then closed her eyes.

"Bippity, bippity, boo," she said the spell.

An angel—in Cinderella's mind—appeared.

"You rang?" Fairy Godmother said, embodying opulence like always.

Cinderella grinned from ear to ear. She got up from the bed to hug the godmother who was also like her own personal genie.

Fairy Godmother smiled, basking in the affection.

"Not too tight," she said. "Aren't you in pain?"

"Eh." Cinderella shrugged it off and sat back down. "Come sit." She patted the space beside her. "How are you today?"

"Magical," she replied, sitting with her and looking at her. Cinderella giggled. "And you?"

"Magical defines me right now, too."

"Mhm, and how can I help you today, beautiful?"

"You know you don't always have to do things for me. That's not why I like you."

Fairy Godmother smiled to herself. She did know. She and Cinderella had a genuine bond.

"I was just checking, baby girl. Sheesh." This elicited another giggle. "So what are we doing?"

"Do you want to get our nails done? Oh, never mind. I forgot you're always flawless," Cinderella said, taking the woman's hand and looking at her golden manicure.

"You're one to talk. Look at those nails. Just dazzling."

"Why thank ya. What do you want to do?"

"I have something in mind. Something I know we'll both like. Are you ready, Cinderella?"

"So ready!"

With a smooth wave her hands, two microphone stands stood before them, followed by a live band. Cinderella danced joyously, pumping her fists. Fairy Godmother laughed at her cuteness before turning her attention to the band. "Ready boys?"

"Wait, what are we singing?" Cinderella quickly asked.

"What do you want to sing?" Fairy Godmother asked back.

"Impossible, things are happening every day," Cinderella sang, bringing a smile to everyone's face.

They sang for an hour and then rested while snacking on delicious fruit and chocolate.