The hair stylist (feat. Omeretta)

You arrive early for your early hair appointment. You close your car door and make sure it's locked as you stroll up the pavement to Omeretta's hair salon.

"Good morning," you greet, letting yourself in the establishment. It's just you and the beautician, who is also the owner.

"Good morning," she says back, smiling.

She takes position at one of the black sinks, ready to wash your hair. After hanging up your leather jacket, you plop down on that chair and recline your head.

It's quiet and peaceful as she cleanses your hair. Just like she's done your first two visits, she gives your scalp a heavenly massage. A part of you doesn't want it to end.

A hair towel is placed around your shoulders and at her instruction, you follow her to her station.

The both of you stare at your reflection as she continues drying your hair. Her face full of what looks like concentration melts into a smile. She picks up her phone and shows you it; the image you texted her of the style you wanted.

"Yup, that's it," you cheerfully confirm before she can ask.

"Okay."

It's always relatively quiet between you two, but never awkward. Aside from a few questions here and there about how you're doing, the weather or of course, hair, the most that happens between you two are smiles. Sometime the smiles are shy.

This atmosphere works for you. You're not always in the mood to be social, especially when your appointments are at 7 or 8 in the morning.

You wouldn't mind being more social with Omeretta though. She's nice, gives you quality service, and is beautiful. It's no wonder you keep coming back. You've utilized the interwebs to try to find out more about her but couldn't find much outside of her business, just the occasional photo, in which she slays.

The time passes and your hair is done. You smile and give a thumbs-up in the mirror that makes her laugh fondly, and thank her.

"You do look fine," she says.

A part of you freezes but you tell yourself it's not a big deal. Even though you told yourself the compliment was merely just a compliment, her statement clearly affects you. You're more nervous than usual as you go in your wallet and get ready to pay.

"Thank you." She smiles, taking the money, which she notices includes a generous tip. You go to the coat hanger and retrieve your leather jacket. Her eyes are on you the whole time, but you pretend not to notice.

"I'm having a pre-birthday thing next week." It's like she's been holding it in and only now got the courage to mention it. You're happy she decided to share this information with you.

"Happy early birthday! When is it?"

"The 4TH. So, yeah, that Friday I'm having a dinner. You can come if you like. Of course I'll text you the info, but yeah, you should come. If you can."

You're not sure if it's just a friendly invitation or something more, either way, you mark it in your calendar, although you know you won't forget.