Off screen Part 4

Normani's POV

I take off my shades once I'm in the elevator. I'm about to meet my new videographer and graphic designer. Matthew has been telling me that I need to become more active on social media.

I exchange greetings with the staff and then go to his office.

"I know you don't care for posting on social media, but this girl will change your mind." Matthew says as he pours me water.

"Girl?"

"Yes." He looks away from the water dispenser to smile smugly at me.

"Girl or woman?"

"Woman." With a softer smile, he brings me my water.

"That doesn't mean she will change my mind, though."

"Well we just have to see, don't we?"

"You're being a little too smug for me right now, Matthew." He chortles as I sip my water, enjoying its cool temperature.

"We'll see," he repeats in his high voice.

I start enquiring about her, but I only get a name and that she's a California transplant because there's a knock at the open door.

Matthew rises from his desk and smiles. "Hi Tiffany!"

I turn around to see her.

"Hi Matthew." Her voice is mellow and proper. She smiles at me. "Hey."

I cross the room to introduce myself. "Normani. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I'm excited for this opportunity."

"And she was nervous," Matthew chimes in.

"Blast me, alright." She shakes her head good-naturedly before showing that pretty smile again. 

I laugh softly and become intrigued. "You were nervous? Why?"

She darkens, still smiling and moves to put her bag down.

"Tiff, can I get you something to drink?" Matthew offers.

"No, I'm fine, I just drank a gallon of water." She looks at me again, smiling. "Where was I? Why was I nervous to meet you?"

I hum in encouragement.

She looks at me and her smile simmers, as if she's about to share something serious. "I'm a big fan. You are talented, capable, and just what we need." Her pretty features flush again at her own admission. She clears her throat. "I hope that wasn't excessive. I just wanted to share some of my appreciation." I notice her eyes are innocent at this moment, since I met her, I've noticed them change between that and self-assuredness.

"Well can you share some more?"

She and Matthew laugh.

"'Because I could get used to that."