My Baby (A Yara Shahidi and Zendaya fanfic) Part 1

Jadyn:

Indra: 

Indra: 

Indra tasked herself with washing the dishes

Indra tasked herself with washing the dishes. She felt it was the least she could do since she wasn't involved in any of the cooking for her family's Thanksgiving dinner. To make the chore more bearable (the sink was teeming with just about every plate, cup, and utensil imaginable), the girl popped in her headphones and connected her phone's Bluetooth. Her parent's old school playlist had been nice but now she was in the mood for her own favorites.

"Deep down you know it's best for yourself but you, hate the thought of her being with someone else, but you know that it's over. You knew it was through. Let it burn, let it burn, gotta let it burn," Indra crooned aloud. The Usher classic was affecting her like never before.

Both Indra's eyes and heart clenched as the song wrapped up, just like it'd done when it started.

Suddenly there was a light tug on her hair causing her to jump and turn around. She couldn't believe who she saw.

A tall, light-skinned girl wearing a loose black zip-up hoody rolled her head back and clapped with laughter. Her ex, Jadyn.

"My bad, didn't mean to scare you there." She smiled teasingly.

Indra turned off the faucet, removed her gloves and set her wireless headphones around her neck. A deep frown rested on her face as she stared at her ex. "What are you doing here?"

Jadyn pulled her lips inwardly before clasping her own hands. "I wanted to see you," she said softly.

"What makes you think I want to see you?" She decided to fill the silence she received, so she continued. "How do I know you didn't come here after being with her?"

"You don't but I didn't." She let that hang in the air for a few seconds. "I haven't seen her since you left, which makes a month."

This statement surprised Indra but she remained firm. After all, the damage had been done. She'd cheated on Indra with that bitch.

"Do you need some help?" She gestured towards the sink.

Indra glanced at the dishes. "No, I got it."