So Come On (Teyana Taylor and Beyoncé)

Teyana decided to unlock her phone now that the professor granted the class a 10-minute break.

Can't wait to sit on your face.

Teyana shook her head, feeling hot, and texted back three purple devil emojis. Kash was wild.

Then there was a text from Onika. Teyana discreetly checked her surroundings. Mostly everyone was either out the classroom or into their own phone, laptops or tablet. Teyana put in her air pods and bravely pressed play. Her eyes were treated to a silent video of Onika cupping her Double D's. Teyana quickly exited the video and then went to the bathroom a brief moment later.

When she finished in the bathroom, she noticed her crush, Janelle, walking in the hallway. Janelle was one of Bryant College's newest students. She was brains and beauty. Teyana had been trying to get to know her for about two months now with nothing much to show for it.

Janelle gave Teyana a closed-mouth smile as they walked by.

Teyana could hear her friends clowning her in the back of her mind about Janelle, saying the girl would never entertain her. Teyana was determined to prove them wrong.

When class finished, Teyana purposely headed to the cafeteria early. This would increase her chances of having Janelle to herself. Once, when Teyana had walked by the lunchroom on the way to Subway with her friends, she'd spotted Janelle actually sitting alone. That never seemed to happen.

Teyana smiled to herself when she realized she was lucky again. The college student walked inside the cafeteria, smoothly approaching a table on the left side of the vicinity.

Janelle occupied the table with a fruit bowl salad, water bottle, and an open page of a spiral notebook now.

Sensing a presence, Janelle turned her head and flashed that polite closed-mouth smile to Teyana.

"Mind if I join you?" Teyana asked.

"Not at all."

I like how this is going already, Teyana thought, climbing over the bench to sit across from Janelle.

"I don't think we met, I'm Teyana."

Both women extended their hand to each other and shook with lasting eye contact.

"I'm Janelle."

"Where are you from?"

"Kansas."

"Kansas? Wow. That's not a location you hear about every day."

"I know. I get that a lot."

"I bet you do. Probably a lot of bad Wizard of Oz jokes too."

"Oh gosh." Janelle playfully rolled her eyes, making Teyana laugh. "Are you a New Yorker?"

"Yes ma'am. Harlem's finest."

"That's cool. I've been to Harlem before."

"Yeah, you have? I miss it."

"Yes, when I was 17. Why did you move? If you don't mind me asking."

"...Okay, so, this might seem a little loaded for a first-time conversation, but I followed my now ex-girlfriend here."

Janelle's eyes widened some. "Oh."

"I kn-"

"No, that's sweet. I'm not judging you."

"Well, it's not. We broke up." Teyana chuckled. "But that's okay, I'm good." Teyana put her hands up halfway in assurance. "I made friends here."

"Well I'm glad you have friends. Is that why you haven't transferred?"