Life of Spice (Glow Princess, Koffee feat. Normani and Ryan Destiny

@90sthrowback inspired some of this with her suggestion, shout out to you!

It'd been a great night for Mikayla. She delivered another mesmerizing performance that garnered praise from her team and strangers alike. Mikayla felt her usual high from taking the stage. She could not imagine her life without music. She was convinced it was her destiny. Music was there for her through good times and bad.

Once she had a moment to herself at the house, she showered and changed into shorts and a T-shirt, grabbed her keys, and hopped in her car to pick up her girlfriend.

Cherish emerged from her house with a duffel bag over her shoulder. Mikayla noticed she was struggling and got out the car to meet her halfway.

"What do you have in there, woman?" she asked, taking the bag from her.

"No, it's heavy," Cherish protested as Mikayla closed the door to the backseat after situating the bag.

"Do you see these muscles, gyal?" Mikayla responded, spreading her toned arms.

Cherish rolled her eyes good-naturedly before smiling. "Are you offering me a hug?" Without waiting for an answer, she launched the other petite girl into her arms. They held each other lingeringly, embracing the moment. "You smell good," Cherish murmured.

Mikayla responded by kissing her bare shoulder blade.

"Come on," she said, opening the passenger's door.

"I'm so mad I missed the show." Cherish sighed as they cruised through town.

"Baby, don't worry about it. You couldn't make it."

"I know, but still. You know I'm your second biggest fan."

Mikayla smiled. "And I also know you were cheering me on in spirit. How did that event go?"

On the way to Mikayla's, they stopped at Chipotle's.

They enjoyed conversation and food. As Cherish got settled in, Mikayla responded to phone calls, texts, emails, and the social media fanfare following her performance. The love and support were a little overwhelming but always appreciated. Almost an hour later, she put her phone down and went to find Cherish. She wasn't in her bedroom, so she opted to try her bathroom. Turning the knob, she invited herself in, causing Cherish, who was shaving, to flinch.

Mikayla looked at her softly and laughed. "It's just me, fancy." She started taking steps closer to the other woman whose leg was stretched over the ledge of the tub. She rubbed the smooth brown leg.

"You know I have to do my thing, babe," Cherish explained.

"How much longer?"

"I'll be there in less than 20. Promise."

"Less than 20?" Mikayla pulled a face, earning a laugh. "You could have done all of this before I got you."

Cherish pouted sympathetically. "I'll make it up to you."

Mikayla smirked and gave her another look before leaving her in solitude again. In the meantime, she put on a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top. She gathered her dreads into a loose bun and laid on her bed, one leg bent up, as her phone entertained her.

A few moments later Cherish finally joined her. Her body was draped in a satin teddy. She smirked to herself as Mikayla gazed at her, the sensuality not unnoticed.

"How's my sweet girl? Did she miss me?" Cherish asked, crawling onto the bed.

"I was about to fall asleep," Mikayla said lowly, touching Cherish's smooth arms and then her waist when she was straddled.