You're a vision (Ciara and Issa Rae)

Of course she's running late. When is she not? Ciara thought. With a shake of her head, she put her black, sleek phone on the table and pointedly scoped the restaurant. The more strangers she saw, the more annoyed she became.

Call her selfish but Ciara had been looking forward to dumping her problems onto Molly. Molly was the kind of person who could make you feel lighter about the stress in your life.

"I'm sorry okay? My friend Issa should be there in a minute," Molly texted.

Ciara's eyebrow suddenly almost reached her hairline. "The fuck?" She couldn't help but say aloud. Where did Issa come from? This was supposed to be Ciara and Molly. And now Molly was seemingly distancing herself from the equation.

Ciara wasted no time calling her friend.

A few rings later, Molly sighed into the receiver. "Come on CiCi, I got caught up at work."

"So you're sending a replacement?"

Molly's raspy laugh bellowed out. "Technically, yes. And you're gonna love it, watch. You remember Issa, right?"

"The one who cheated on her man and got kicked out?"

The line was quiet.

"Hello?" Ciara pressed.

"She works at a youth center, too."

"Whatever." You still ain't shit, Ciara thought.

Molly drew another sigh. "Ci, will you trust me on this?"

"No! I'm not talking to some stranger about my personal life." Ciara's face darkened when she realized she'd gained the attention of others. Her eyes suddenly found a brown skinned woman with dark auburn hair slicked back. The woman's skin was impeccable. Not a blemish nor bump in sight. Her eyes were doe-like, Ciara also noticed.

"Hello?" Molly called.

"What?" Ciara muttered, entranced by the woman who was now hesitantly approaching.

"Hi, I'm Issa, Molly's friend," the interesting stranger said.

"There's my bitch! About time," Molly said.

Ciara shook her head and Issa cracked what sounded like an almost laugh.

"Did you hear her?" Ciara asked Issa knowingly.

"Who, Molly? Definitely."

Ciara chuckled.

"She's so loud," Issa continued.

"I heard that!" Molly said making Ciara and Issa laugh. "Alright, I'll leave y'all to it. Bye."

"Bye," they chorused before Ciara ended the call. Ciara watched as Issa removed her wool coat and placed it on the back of her chair.

"I'm not sure if Molly told you, but I'm Ciara..."

Issa smiled and nodded. "She actually managed to get that part right."

Ciara laughed softly. "You're funny. I don't remember her telling me that about you."

"What has she told you?"

Suddenly Ciara avoided eye contact. "Should we order? Waiter?"

A server heard her call and then walked their way. "Yes, ma'am? Are you ladies ready to order?"

"Oh, I didn't even look at the menu yet," Issa said.

"I'll go first and you can go whenever you're ready."