Allure (Megan Thee Stallion) Part 2

Daya's stomach growled as we sat on her bed.

"You know your mom cooked, right?" I reminded her.

She waved her hand dismissively. "I don't want that shit."

My eyebrows went up. "Oh, okay." I laughed because she caught me off guard with that.

"Yeah, so, my computer's all yours," she said, motioning towards one side of the room where she had a desk. "Do your thing."

Hold up. So first she starts our project late as hell and now she's putting all the work on me? Hell nah. This is why I dislike group projects.

I took a look at this lanky, lazy girl sprawled out on her bed like she didn't have a care in the world. Maybe JT was right. I mean, I never knew anyone in rehab before—that I knew of. For all I knew she could just be lazy.

"Do our thing you mean," I corrected.

"Tomato, tomato," she replied, pronouncing both versions of the word. She closed her eyes, sighing. "I'm sorry, today's just been fucked up."

I sat at her desk and powered on her computer, not wanting to waste anymore time. And she had another thing coming if she thought I was doing this by myself. If so, I would get all the credit then. Fuck out of here.

"Oh yeah, what happened?" I said. "What's the password?"

She got off the bed and I turned away as she typed her password, granting me access to her account.

"Ah-ah, stay here," I said, giving her a serious look. "I'm not doing this alone. Unless you want me to get all the credit."

Daya looked helpless for a second before sitting on the edge of her bed since it was closer to her desk. "We can do a draft on Word."

I nodded. "Yeah."

After about 20 minutes of working on our assignment, I mentioned what she said about today being fucked up.

"Me and my girlfriend had a fight. Not an argument a real fight."

"Hands were thrown?"

"Hands were thrown."

I took a good long look on Daya to see if I noticed anything.

"No bruises," she said, chuckling.

"It doesn't matter, why were y'all fighting?"

"She's letting her ex sweet talk her, what the fuck is that?" Daya vented, spreading her arms with her nostrils flared.

"Mm. So who hit who first?"

"She did, as always, and I hit her ass right back."

"So this is a regular thing?"

"Sometimes," she admitted, modestly now.