Off screen Part 3

Seneca's POV

"I'll see you tomorrow," I say to Elijah, one of my cast-members, who I'd just been chatting it up with.

"You're not coming to Saba's?"

When he realizes I got no clue what he's talking about, he pulls back. "Ohhh."

"She's having something?"

He looks everywhere but at me. "Yeah. Forget I said anything." He smiles all fake. "See you, Sen." He places a hand on my shoulder before walking away.

My eyes sweep around the room and land on Lena who is looking at me. I smile and she gets ready to come over to me.

"Yo, you good?" she questions, concerned.

"Oh yeah," I insist. "Today was great. Great table read." I nod repeatedly.

Lena is the kind of person that takes up space no matter where she's positioned, and yet, still manages to make you feel comfortable. She peers down at me with inquiry.

Suddenly Saba approaches and when my attention goes to her, so does Lena's.

"Hi, don't mean to interrupt, just wanted to say bye," she says, side-hugging Lena. A smile is on her face though she barely looks at me.

She's been like this all day, the whole table read. The chemistry was there for our scenes, but remember, we're actresses. This is what we do. Outside of the read, shawty was cold. And apparently now she wasn't inviting me to things.

"Bye, Saba. Sorry I can't make your party. You know I'd be there if I could," Lena tells her.

Saba flips her hand dismissively. "Don't worry 'bout it. There'll be more parties." She grins.

"You right about that." Lena then looks at me and I go along with it, nodding and smiling.

"Alright, I gotta make this meeting. Y'all have all the fun, you hear?"

I start to say I don't know what she's talking about, but I keep it cool and wave bye to my boss.

It's just me and Saba now.

"You're having a party, huh?" I mention.

She looks at me stoically and holds her head up higher, folding her arms. "I am."

"Thanks for inviting me." I smile sarcastically and walk away.

"I didn't think you wanted to come," she calls from behind me.

I turn around to face her.

"You didn't want to hangout anymore, remember?" she adds loudly, grabbing the attention from our castmates.

"Not true," I say.

"Yes, you did!"

She's right, but I don't need our co-workers to know that. "Alternative facts, Saba."

She glares at me. One of the cast members and producers asks if we're okay.

-----

Later that week

Normani did end up coming on set, but not for an emergency nor to bring me food or watch 'Brazel' in action. Lena, Normani, and Matthew had a meeting about her possibly making a cameo appearance on the show. Lena had mentioned to me once before that she wanted this to happen but had never followed up on it. Anyway, I thought the whole thing was pretty dang cool.

I introduced her to the cast and crew, who all were excited to meet her. And Normani was excited to meet one of them in particular.

"Saba! I feel like I know you," she laughs some.