Sam & Cat again

AN: I do not own the characters nor the show.

Nona, as Cat affectionately called her, was the redhead's grandma. She lived in a nursing home but periodically visited the apartment she once shared with Cat.

"Sweet Jesus," the mature woman muttered upon seeing her granddaughter hit her head on the coffee table. It wasn't unusual for Cat to find herself in an accident.

Sam came to Cat's aid, hastily lifting her up and checking her for consciousness. "Are you okay?"

"A little," Cat said. "I think I need ice."

Sam nodded. "Stay right here. Don't move." She flailed her arms when she looked at Nona. "You're just going to stand there?"

Nona raised her eyebrows but coldly watched the younger woman. 

"Nona, you scared me," Cat's airy voice said.

"I can see that." Nona's attention snapped back to her granddaughter. She walked over to her and gently felt her head and ran her fingers through the red tresses. "Does it hurt bad?"

As the two of them talked, Sam returned to the living room with a frozen bag of peas. Cat shivered as the cold food was pressed onto the side of her head. She then covered her mouth and giggled.

Sam couldn't help but smile. "You're something else, girly."

Cat blinked a few times. "You saved my life. Again."

"It's becoming a habit."

"A bad one," Nona spoke up. "You need to be more careful, Caterina. How many times must I tell you?"

"She's right," Sam said.

"Wow, the two of you agree on something for once." Cat's brown eyes moved back and forth between the two.

"Rest here for a little while. I'm going to borrow Sam," said Nona.

"You are?" Sam and Cat said at once.

Cat then giggled and rapped the coffee table. "Knock on wood."

"Just let her have it," Sam told Nona, shaking her head in amusement.

"Let me have what? Wood?"

"I'm going to talk to Sam now," Nona said and proceeded towards the kitchen. Sam looked back at Cat and shrugged.

"I'll be back. Don't move. I mean it." She warned, walking backwards to make sure the girl understood how serious she was.

"Okay, okay!" Cat laughed before pouting. "Oww."

When Sam entered the kitchen, she looked up at Nona inquisitively. "Can I help ya?"

"What's going on with you two?" Nona  asked.

The youth opened and then closed her mouth in thought. "Uh, it's going? That's the best way I can describe it."

"Are you two...doing the do?"

Sam mildly cringed at the outdated expression. "I'm sorry, what?"

Nona set her lips in a straight line. "Sam."

"Nona."

"Sam."

"Nona."

The older woman sighed and turned to exit the kitchen and confront Cat. The redhead, however, was fast asleep on the couch with frozen broccoli still on her head.

Nona grabbed the frozen food and returned to the kitchen to a smug Sam, who was folding her arms.

"I will find out what's going on, make no mistake," Nona warned before opening the freezer.