My Baby (A Yara Shahidi and Zendaya fanfic) Part 2

Indra: (Yara)

Jadyn: (Zendaya)

"You see my bag by your ottoman?"

Indra spotted it, noticing it for the first time. "Yeah."

"Can you grab my shirt and shorts that look like pajamas?"

Indra felt silly thinking Jadyn needed to borrow some of her clothes. She hadn't seen Jadyn's bag until now. As she rummaged through the thick book bag, Jadyn spotted a small box that read her name in fancy cursive. Her heart fluttered.

She carefully put the box back inside and went to bring Jadyn her night clothes.

"I'm coming in," Indra announced, knocking.

"That's fine," Jadyn replied in amusement.

When Indra opened the door, she saw Jadyn wrapping a towel around her body.

"Why do you look like you seen a ghost?" Jadyn said.

"Shut up."

"No, deadass, you look scared."

"Well I'm obviously not. Here." Indra reached out with the clothing.

Jadyn didn't take it right away. She stared at her and then slowly took it.

Indra hid a smile and turned to leave. "Weirdo."

The two relaxed on Indra's queen-size bed, idly watching Family Reunion on Netflix while Indra sipped wine. "So how's school?" Jadyn asked. She listened attentively as Indra filled her in on her classes, professors and schoolmates. She was studying political science.

It had been a while since Jadyn had been a student. She took her acting career seriously when she was in middle school and hadn't looked back since. Of course there were periods of homeschooling, but Jadyn felt her education mainly resided in film and television.

"I know you're killing it," Jadyn complimented.

"We both are."

They shared a smile and went back to watching the show.

"What on earth do you have me watching, girl?"

Indra laughed.

"I'm giving it a chance 'cause Loretta Devine and "Sister, Sister" Tia is in it, but I don't know if I'mma make it," Jadyn added, making Indra laugh harder.

"It gets better," Indra managed.

"Tuh." Jadyn then laughed when Indra playfully hit her leg.

"Maybe we should watch you instead."

"Now I didn't say all that."

Indra laughed and playfully cupped Jadyn's jaw and cheeks, making the girl's lips squish.

"Awww, look at the adorable baby." Indra grinned. "Does she want to watch herself on TV? Hmm? The litt-" Indra abruptly halted her remark as Jadyn reached out and tickled her. The lighter girl ignored the girlish squeals and phony protests and continued her onslaught on Indra's side. But she was far from done. She pinned the girl down and straddled her, holding her wrists.

"Whatcha smartass got to say now?"

"Jadyn!"

"It's too late to be hardheaded."

"I didn't even do anything!" Indra laughed.

At that, Jadyn couldn't help but snort a laugh. "Yeah, well," she said, turning serious again, ever the actress. "Ain't nobody little over here."