Allure (Meg Thee Stallion) Part 3

My leg bounced under the table. I could barely focus on the other presentations because I was worried about my own. Daya had yet to show up and text or call me.

A part of me was hot because she didn't bother to let me know what was up. The other part was wondering if something happened.

Even though I kept hoping the professor wouldn't call on me to go next, I was preparing for it. I could hold it down on my own or ask if we could go next week instead.

Reason #50 why I dislike working in pairs or groups for school projects.

Sike. That's the number one reason.

As one of the groups was up there for a while—I'm talking a good 15 minutes— Professor Ali started approaching me. He's known as Obama 2.0 though.

"It looks like your partner is out," he said.

"Yeah," I replied, smiling nervously.

"You can go next week. Just let keep me posted."

"Thank you, professor," I expressed with appreciation.

I could relax now.

When class let out, I went to the cafeteria and found Caresha.

"Hey," I said, sitting across from her. I laughed because she was damn near inhaling her sandwich. "It must be good."

"It's aight, I'm just hungry," she said a beat later, using a napkin. "You getting something to eat?"

I shook my head. "I'm not staying long 'cause I have my appointment and I might get something while I'm over there."

"You should've got something for now."

"I know, but I'm not even hungry. Plus I got a date later." I stuck out my tongue a little before laughing.

Caresha looked intrigued. "Look at you. Is it with Daya mama?"

"Her name is Paula, thank you." I jokingly cut my eyes. "But yeah, she's a milf."

"And a cougar."

"How? I'm 'bout to be 24."

Caresha held up her finger. "I didn't say it was a bad thing."

I cracked a smile. "Oh okay. Where JT anyway?" I looked around. Meanwhile Caresha turned quiet on me and just looked down at her phone, pretending she didn't hear me.

"Hellooo? Don't ignore me."

"Hold on, I'mma text her."

I could already feel the fuck shit. JT was probably mad at me for something.

"You know Daya missed the presentation?" I mentioned.

Caresha glanced up at me. "Y'all ain't talk?"

"Nope! And I still ain't heard from her."

"She finna text you tomorrow like nothing happened." Caresha chuckled and sipped her sprite.

People really do that too.

"What y'all talking 'bout?" We heard JT. She stood at Caresha's side of the table, waiting for her to move over.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"Doing a project." She sounded so dry and indifferent.

"Ohh, you got a partner?"

"It's a group project," she said in that same tone.

I nodded. "I was just telling Caresha how my presentation got moved to next week 'cause that girl ain't show up."