Wrongdoing (Zendaya & Jayde Pierce)

I answered the doorbell and saw my girl's friend, Jayde.

"Oh hey," I said. "Normani's not here."

She tilted her head a little to the side. "Oh, she's not?"

I shook my head. "She went out with her mom."

"They didn't invite you?"

I paused, not expecting to be asked that. "It's her mom."

We laughed.

"Okay, true," she said and looked past me. "Are those donuts?"

"They are...okay, then." I watched her invite herself in. I didn't mind, it actually made me feel like I'd been rude.

Jayde put her designer bag down and opened the box of Dunkin Donuts. I watched her in amusement as she pulled her head back and groaned in starvation.

"Help yourself." I laughed.

"Sorry if I'm being a greedy," she said in her British accent. "I cut out sweets a month ago." She turned away from the bag.

"And you still have a taste for it?"

She furrowed her brows. "Absolutely, I still get urges now and then."

I nodded. "I can't cut out donuts. They're my favorite dessert. I just can't do it."

She smiled, listening to me.

I untied my hands from my back. "But if you want to make today a cheat day, you have my support."

Jayde laughed.

"I think I will stay committed." She plopped down on the couch and crossed her leg. "Have you seen that new space something show on Netflix?"

I shook my head no. "The one with Steve Carell?"

She grinned. "Yeah! And Diana Silvers."

"Ohhh..." I nodded slowly, like I knew who that was.

"You don't know who that is, do you?"

"Nope."

We laughed.

"Remember the movie 'Ma' with Octavia Spencer?"

"Ohhh, that lead white girl. Oh okay, her."

"You remind me of her."

I scrunched my face because I'm not seeing that. Like at all.

"Energy," she explained.

"Okay, if that was your way to convince me to watch the show, it worked."

She grinned again and grabbed my smart remote and selected Netflix.

"Can I get you anything? A drink? Donut?" I offered. Might as well.

Laughingly she requested water. I got us both water bottles and then sat down on the other couch.

"So? Does she remind you of you?" Jayde asked moments later.

"She wishes. I'mma ask Normani this." I started texting her, literally asking her if she thought I reminded her of Diana Silvers. I chuckled at the emoji Normani chose and laughed.

"What did she say?" Jayde questioned, leaning close to see.

"She doesn't see it either...know why? 'Cause our eyes work." I laughed some as Jayde pushed me, like Normani would.

'you think you look like Diana Silvers?'

Hell no! she's a cute girl but I ain't seeing it.

then whyyyy you asked? 😂

When I replied that Jayde told me, she immediately started calling me to Facetime.

"I'll be back," I told Jayde and walked out the living room.

Normani was in the passenger's seat of her mother's car I assumed.

"Hey," we chorused and then laughed some.

"Hey babe, when did Jayde tell you that?" Normani asked, munching on something.

"Just now. Whatcha smacking on?"

She lifted a box of sour patches.

"Okay, I see you." I stretched my lips downward.

"Just now..." she repeated. "She with you?"

I mentally sighed. "Yeah, babe. She came over, looking for you."

Normani made a face. "She knows I'm not home."

"I mean, she knows now."

"She knew since yesterday that I was going out." Normani smirked and popped another sour patch into her mouth with her free hand.

"She wildin, straight wildin'," a guy said.

Normani turned to look at whoever said that.

"Who is that?" I questioned.

"Kofi," she replied flatly.

"Hey Zendaya," Kofi called, the phone screen quickly panning to him.

I raised my eyebrows. "I thought you were with your mom?"

"I was, we just dropped her off. We ran into Kofi at the mall and now he's bringing me home."

"Nah," I heard him say.

"Dumbass," Normani complained, hitting him.

He laughed.

None of this was funny.

"I ain't seen Mani in ages, we finna catch up over some good food," I heard Kofi say.

Normani eyed me and sighed. "Babe, I'mma see what my old friend has been up to, and I will see you soon. Before I go, put Jayde on, I need to talk to her."

"Why?"

I could tell she wasn't expecting me to ask that.

"Put her on," she commanded.

I pursed my lips and brought the phone with me back to the living room. Jayde was sprawled on the couch, going through her phone. She smiled when we locked eyes.

"Normani," I said, handing Jayde my phone.

"Hey-"

"Don't hey me, you think you're slick coming over to the house when Z is alone."

Jayde rolled her eyes. "Oh fuck off already, Normani. If I wanted Z, I could have her."

I arched a brow and took the phone from her.

"Babe-" I started.

Normani ended the call. Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair.

"Why'd you say that?" I looked at Jayde as I tried calling Normani back.

"Because she's been on my ass for weeks, paranoid that I'm going to steal you." She shook her head. "I'm sorry, Zendaya. I just don't like being accused of things."

I looked at her, confused. "I thought y'all were friends."

Jayde smirked, and got up, invading my personal space. She grasped my nape.

"Friendship is definitely over," she said, ghosting her lips on mine.

I pushed her off me. "Get out."

The look in her eyes changed. She was surprised that I turned her down. She's hot, but not that hot.

"If only Normani would be faithful to you as you are to her." She smirked at me and picked up her bag and showed herself out.