Make me Feel (Janelle Monáe and Normani)

This is loosely inspired by the second season of Homecoming.

Janelle texts her fiancée to let her know she's leaving work. As she does so, she receives a call from the receptionist.

"What's up, Cole?" she answers patiently.

"So, Normani Hamilton is here..." he informs, sounding interested in the fact. "I told her it's after hours, but she insists on seeing you."

"Send her in."

She can practically hear Cole's shock on the line, which tickles her.

"Yes, ma'am, sending her in right now."

"Thank you, Cole." Janelle smiles into the phone before hanging up. She looks at her door expectantly.

First there is a knock, and then the metal doorknob turns and clicks. Janelle's petite frame shifts up some. She watches her client walk in the room. They exchange greetings as Janelle crosses the room to her.

"I'm sorry for the unexpected visit," Normani stresses.

"Don't worry 'bout it. How are you?"

Normani smiles. "Good, honestly so good. These past few weeks have been really helpful."

"Aw." Janelle eyesher and places a hand over her own heart, which is concealed by her blazer. "I'm glad. I'm so glad."

Normani nods. "I want to treat you, as a thank you."

Janelle gives a self-deprecating chuckle, swatting imaginary air. "Girl, you paid me."

"I know it's your job, but I can't thank you enough, so let me do this for you. Please." Normani pleads with her eyes.

Janelle thinks about it as she looks at her client. "Alright." She looks at her with her closed-mouth smile. "When did you want to go? My lady is expecting me."

Normani's smile falters before she forces one back on. "Yeah, so I know this was last minute. How does tomorrow sound?"

Janelle smiles, showing teeth this time. "Still a bit last minute, but I can make it work."

"Okay, you just let me know then, miss thang," Normani says good-naturedly. "We can plan by phone, email, whatever." She shrugs.

"I'm with it. We will have our lunch--or dinner, Normani."

Normani's smiling gaze lingers on her. "Great. Okay, that was all. Let me get going."

"Let me walk you out."

Janelle tries not to stare at Normani's rear as she walks ahead of her. As they near the elevator bank, they pass the Cole's station. His eyebrows are all the way up. Janelle playfully rolls her eyes at him.

"Thank you for stopping by," Janelle says, pressing the downstairs button for Normani. "I appreciate the kind words."

"I could have told you over the phone or in an email, but I'm the type that likes to tell it face to face."

"That's beautiful."

They hear a ding and then look at each other, smiling and exchanging another goodbye.

"Why were you looking at me like that?" Janelle questions Cole when she comes back in the office suite.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

She smirks.

"She clearly likes you," Cole says.

Janelle slightly recoils. "Who, Normani?"