The Fourty-Third

"Things are never as simple as they seem, Hey?" The thing seemed to have some sympathy as it watched me run everything back: My parents caused this to me. They did this. The reason I'm suffering, the reason I can't escape, the reason hell is earth, is because of them.
"No... no they truly are not." I managed to say before collapsing into a heap on the floor, silent tears tracing their way down my face before forming a puddle of pure regret at my current existence.
"So, what are you going to do about it?" I heard it say, sounding more morbidly curious than anything else. I couldn't answer him: too many questions struck against my brain, leaving marks that would never be filled.
Why me?
How did this happen?
What was the point of keeping me alive?
How the fuck does The Boss know?
"I mean, I can answer The Boss one for you." I heard the creature kneel next to me, and put an arm around me. I had the mental strength left to nod my head in approval before the thing extended its claws again. I didn't even fight back or make a noise as they were forcefully plunged into my sockets, cutting the light out from the world and allowing me to see with a whole new perspective.

"This is it, huh? This is what we picked?" I heard the voice of power before I saw it, loud and booming, crushing its body across the room. The loud clash of his feet crossed the room as I laid in a hospital bed, blue and bleeding in multiple places. I clearly was in the same day as the vaccinations, as I could tell my body was adjusting to whatever was in my system.
For God's sake, I'm fucking blue.
Some lab rat was looking over a computer, sweating at the results on the screen. My body, as well as being blue, my body had a few blobs of purple shit and a bunch of trackers on my body. My heart rate, blood pressure, and stability were up on a few walls to demonstrate how okay I was to The Boss.
"Yes, sir." The short and timid reply displayed the shift of power in this sequence, as the scientist kept his eyes locked into the screen, practically breathing in the code and typing.
"Well, show me. How is this?" He stepped closer to my cold and dead body, examining it closely. Almost too closely as he opened my eyes and nodded at my bloodshot irises. I'm fairly sure nothing stared back into them except the emptiness of death, or near certainty.
How could my dad let this happen? What the fuck....
"Cutting the vitals..." I heard the science guy say before he pushed a button in the centre of the control box. It seemed to cut a light out and a few of the wires that were stuck onto me as they flayed about and spat out electrical sparks in pure spite. The screens showing my life force cut out, and my body seemed to deflate as it cut itself out, showing that I truly was dead. My eyes seemed to lightly shut instead of being squeezed together, my mouth opened with a sigh, and my body seemed to relax itself into the sweet yet awful release of death. Both the scientist and The Boss stepped back, simply observing the phenomenon as it happened, allowing the circuits to go haywire even longer, and my chance of life fleet even faster.
Why am I not alive yet? Usually I'd be dead for a few minutes and then I'd be up... right?
"No, wrong. You'd could be 'dead' for a few hours and it'd feel like seconds." The creature informed me through my head like an organic earpiece, and that thought did slightly creep me out.

After a few more minutes of pure spite from the cables and noises from the chair that sounded like cracking and panting, the scientist and The Boss stepped forward again. The inferior man went to the controls and pulled all of the vital signs back onto the screens, allowing the flatline sound to take over, cutting through their hopes as well as mine.
Well I can't be dead. I'm currently here. So what the fuck is going on?
"He didn't make it." The scientist played Captain Obvious, and clearly The Boss didn't like that. His hand balled into a fist and slammed itself into the smaller man's rib cage, lifting him off of the floor and a few feet above him.
"Argh!" He managed to get out before another fist smashed itself into the top of his head, forcing the pressure in his body to change so violently that it snapped his spine and neck at the same time.
He was dead before he hit the ground.
"Fuck sake..." The Boss' shirt wasn't even wrinkled. No change in his voice also indicated that he wasn't too interested in the dead body that began to gush blood from its two wounds. The neck bone seemed to pierce the skin at such a rate that a few large pieces spread themselves around, pieces of a man that did nothing but follow.
Time froze again as the Thing stepped in, standing next to the human scientist, and looking him over.
"You see why I brought you here?" It said to me, looking at me dead centre.
"No... I really don't. I wish I did, so I could just put this fuckery behind me." I said to him, showing the situation that had escalated way beyond what it was before.
Torture. This is it. This is what must be happening. It can onl-
"No, it's not torture. What do you think I am, a monster?" It interrupted me, clearly trying irony for the first time. I put my face in my hands and sighed loudly, wishing I was awake. I have a man to kill.
"Get outta my head."

My head snapped up like a jack-in-the-box, adjusting itself to intake its surroundings. My entire body felt incredibly sore and beaten, as if a few people had taken sticks to my face and decided then and there that my limbs weren't worth using at all. My legs were tied, one on each stump of the chair I'd been forcefully placed in. My arms were in the same position, one on one arm of the chair, and the other was on the other. Clearly, I was trying to be one with the furniture.
"F-f-fuck..." I muttered out, feeling the cold suddenly ice itself over me, covering me in a thick layer of freezing air.
I'm back in the FUCKING Cooler...
"FUCK!" I screamed out into the darkness, throwing myself against the restraints and trying to topple the chair.
Nothing. I'm fucking stuck here.
FUCK SAKE.