• 21 •

Carter left shortly after my arrival to our dorm room, she shed a few tears before I heard her scream on top of her voice as she got into Ethan's Jeep. The match that was supposed to be held on Friday had been postponed due to unknown reasons. "Jones!" I heard someone call my name, with furrowed brows I turned in the direction of the voice and found the building RA, Jackson, standing there. "Yeah?" I walked towards him and he passed me a smile "Carter just left, right?" I nodded "Well she didn't hand in the residency forms" Jackson squinted one eye shut while pursing his lips.

"She didn't?!" I shrieked before hyperventilating "Those needed to be handed in a month back. How are we going to live together again? We need the same dorm, we can't be evicted!" I panicked as I began pacing the hallway "Okay, shush! Relax, you can still fill them out and hand it in today. You just won't be staying in this dorm or in any of the dormitory buildings for a month when the next semester starts" I clenched my jaw, angry at Carter's irresponsible ways. I sighed, "Alright then. I'll fill them out but where am I supposed to stay in the interim?" I asked, taking the file he handed.

"That's something I can't help you with, I know you stay quite far and traveling isn't your kind of thing, especially if it's everyday but maybe you can find a place close by" Jackson suggested and I nodded, taking his words into consideration. I heaved out a breath and marched my way back into my room, flinging the file against the wall out of frustration. I busied myself in packing up my belongings before I began preparing for my final paper which is on Friday. I typed out a message to Carter explaining how mad I was but then deleted it, not wanting to ruin her mood.

The scholarship I got for attending WU didn't cover residency, which my father is paying for. We are required to apply for it a month before the semester ends otherwise we're left homeless. A lot of the students live close by in rented apartments or lofts, some even join a fraternity for residency. I know it seems stupid in a sense that I could make use of the same money and get an apartment for myself but I'm a person that's scared of living alone. Carter wouldn't even be my friend if I hadn't been her assigned her roommate 2 years ago.

"Shouldn't you be back at the army for training?" I asked Scott after he waltzed into my room, three hours into my exam preparations. "I do but I asked the Major for a little break for a family emergency" Scott flopped down onto Carter's bed and I raised an eyebrow at him "So you lied." I stated and he shrugged "Well I wasn't about to leave you here alone when you're looking so glum" He reasoned and I rolled my eyes "This is my natural look, Scott" I said and he chuckled "Yeah right, you're paler than before. Come on, tell me what's wrong, boy problems?"

Am I really that transparent for everyone to see right through me? "Boy problems? It's nothing like that, I've just been really stressed out for my exam" Scott seemed convinced so I wasn't going to explain myself any further. "How's that Harry guy?" He asked and I nearly choke on water at the mention of his name, I kept the water bottle on my bedside table "He's okay, I guess. I don't know, it's not like I keep a 411 on him" I said in a rushed tone "Oh yeah, then I wonder who you were kissing earlier on" Scott singsonged and I bit my lip as my cheeks flared up.

"Don't worry, I'm not mad. I even told you, if you don't fuck him, I will" Scott laughed and I whacked him with my pillow "You're so annoying" I rolled my eyes "You love me though" He smiled cheekily and I sighed, nodding my head. "So?" I passed him a side glance as I kept my head down, reading my textbook "So what?" I asked, Scott leaned his elbow on his thigh while his chin rested on his hand "Did you fuck him as yet?" I looked at the blonde boy with an incredulous expression, wondering if he's gone senile or not. "What is wrong with you?!" I whacked him again

"I'm just asking a simple question, yes or no?" He grabbed my pillow and hugged it to his chest, I shook my head in response "I didn't and I never will" I concluded hearing Scott release a dramatic sigh "All that hunk gone to junk because of you" I gasped "Excuse me? He probably has plenty of girls lining up outside his door just ready to be.. Fucked" I rolled my eyes again as I spoke in a snickering voice, which made me realize if he actually does have those girls waiting for him. If so, then us dating is already put to an end, right?

"I'll be right back, don't ruin anything" I warned Scott before storming out my dorm room. I walked onto campus, an indefinite guess on my mind, and headed to the football field. The team always has practice everyday so Harry had to be here. A breath of relief left my lips upon seeing his mop of curls among the group of boys, I crossed my arms as I waited by the bleachers. I watched as one of the team members tap Harry's shoulder before pointing to me. Meekly, I brushed my hair behind my ears, waiting for him.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise at seeing me and I mentally facepalmed. "What are you doing here?" Harry walked over with the football in his grasp, my eyes immediately looked away from his glistening torso, the swirls of ink on his tanned skin darkened. "Have you slept with anyone ever since we decided this fake dating thing?" I bluntly asked, now meeting his eyes "I beg your pardon" His British accent thick and smooth, I repeated my question for him to glare at me "So you think that I'd cheat?" I shook my head "Not that - wait would you? But that's not the point now, I'm only asking because if you did then those rumors are already put to sleep" I explained

"Firstly, fake girlfriend or not, I'd never cheat. I'm not you- I'm not like that" I furrowed my brows when Harry corrected himself, his eyes were wild almost as if he wasn't supposed to say something. "Secondly, where did you get that idea from?" He added and I shuffled from foot to foot "I was talking to Scott and it came to my mind" I said and Harry's fingers tightened their hold around the football "Well, get that thought out of your mind because I haven't slept with anybody ever since we started fake dating" He sincerely said and I nodded, feeling stupid for not trusting him but can you blame me?

I'm sorry it wasn't much but I'm trying to write more chapters at once so you guys get content as my exams are around the corner xx

All the love