• 47 •

"Easy, Mom. I've got you" I assured her as I helped her into bed. I fluffed the pillows, just the way she likes it, then covered her with the blankets to keep her body warm. It's been two days since I saw her comatose form in the hospital, she had woken up the next morning after we had received the test results. My father didn't allow me to look at it but I knew something was wrong by the way his eyebrows furrowed and the way his eyes started to tear but he blinked them away. Harry stayed at the hospital, never leaving my side, and I felt guilty for being the one that's holding him back by an invisible thread. I told him multiple times that we could handle everything and he need not to stay but the stubborn fool defied me.

The doctor had prescribed a list of medication for my mother to take which will help in building up her immune system again and increase her white blood cell count. The morning she woke up, I fought every will in my body that urged me to question her as to why she would do something like that. I sat by her side the entire time, holding onto her hand and the sorrow etched in her eyes only made mine brim with tears. I told her a countless number of times that I love her and that I wouldn't know what to have done without her. Forcefully, Harry brought my father and I home for a shower and to eat something since the doctors were taking my mother for a few scans which would take a while.

She was discharged this morning and she was also assigned an in-house nurse to watch over her for the next few days. Seeing that she drifted off into a deep slumber, I left the room with the door slightly ajar and made my way to my own room. I kicked off my shoes and fell onto my bed, face first, letting out a scream into the mattress which muffled the sound. I hate not knowing what is going on, my father still refused to show me the test results, because if I did see it then I'd know how to help her. This just makes me feel useless. "Now what's gotten your knickers in a twist?" Harry teased as he hopped onto the bed next to me, the action caused me to bounce off the bed a little. "I hate not knowing what's wrong with her. I could help, I'm a medical student but all I feel is just useless" I voiced my thoughts and I felt him nudge my side.

I turned over onto my back and looked up at him, "She's fine" He said and the assurance in his voice was disturbing "How do you know?" I asked and he sighed "I saw the test results" I sat up on the bed, facing him properly "What did it say?" I cut him off as he opened his mouth to speak "If you'd let me finish, her immune system got a little weak due to the insane amount of pills she took so they've prescribed medication to build up her strength. That's it" He stressed on the last two words and I nodded before falling back onto the bed again. I fiddled with my fingers out of a nervous habit, twisting Harry's ring which still hugged my thumb. "Why are you nervous now?" He sighed, lying next to me as he propped himself up by his elbow. "I don't know, I just feel like something is wrong, something bad is about to happen and I won't be prepared for it"

"You're worrying for no reason, Addy. Mrs Jones will be fine in no time and you'll go back to your annoying self" I could tell he was trying to lighten the mood but I wasn't having any of it so I punched his chest. "Ouch" He feigned hurt in an attempt to make me chuckle "I'd say that I could get your mind off of things but you're on your period and I don't want to get into that mess" I gave him a bored look "Does everything have to involve sex with you?" I asked and mirrored his position, propping myself up with my elbow. "As a matter of fact, it does. Now especially with you" His words caused my heart to tumble "I like claiming you as mine" Stop, Harry. He placed his finger under my chin, tugging me closer to him and I couldn't help the grin that stretched on my face as he pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

Soon it was dinner time, Dad had prepared his famous chicken roast with vegetable toppings. I dished the food onto another platter and set it on the dining table. Harry and my father were still in the study, Mom's meal was already served to her. I waited for a few more minutes thinking they'd come down for dinner but to no avail. With a sigh, I trudged upstairs and towards my father's study, I pushed the door open but stopped when the conversation they had piqued my interest. "What is going on between the two of you?" My father asked, he sounded tired and I watched Harry's back from the slightly ajar door - both of their backs were facing me. My heart rate quickened in anticipation of Harry's answer, "I saw you two at the hospital, Addy casually sat on your lap like it was made for her. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to wake her up" My father went on.

"Something happened between you and Addy in the last few days" Harry's hands were clasped behind his back, I could see him unclenching and clenching his fists. He turned his face to look at my father, his teeth grinding against each other by the movement of his jaw "Did you have sex with my daughter, Styles?" Dad's stern voice returned, all sights of fatigue vanished and Harry's nonchalant expression only made the tension palpable. I gasped at my father's question and almost barged in to tell my father that all we did was kiss. Oh honey, you did more than just kiss. The voice that piped in my head made me groan and I bit my nails, anxiously waiting for Harry's answer and in the most calm voice, Harry spoke "We did" My jaw hugged the floor as I gaped at Harry's back, knowing my father's eyes would be blazing with anger by the way his muscles tightened through his shirt.

Sorry for the short chapter! I have my last two finals coming up and I'm busy with that. Leave your thoughts on how you're liking the story so far??!

All the love x