• 78 •

Jason finally made a proper appearance lmao

also ladies and gents, this is the moment you've been waiting for...

"I'm trying to study, stop it!" I whined, giggling at the ticklish sensation left from my neck to my shoulder "Not until you give me your full, undivided, attention" He demanded with a puppy eyed look on his face "Fine" I rolled my eyes playfully, throwing my textbook to the side with a huff before twisting my body as I settled myself on his lap, my knees on either side of his thighs. "Happy now?" I slung my arms over his shoulders and he tilted his head back, pecking the spot under my chin "Thank you, baby honey. Now let's cuddle and watch a movie" I gasped and whacked his arm while he threw his head back in guffaw "Jason!" I chided and he continued to laugh "I knew the puppy eyes will come in handy" I narrowed my eyes at him before giving in as we watched Disney movies for the rest of the day. My body was nestled in front of his, my laptop perched on Carter's bed since she had been out with Ethan for the weekend, Jason's arms wrapped tightly around me as he trecked his fingers up my shirt from time to time. His nose skimmed the back of my neck when he left a trail of open-mouth kisses on my skin causing a giggle to escape my lips at the ticklish feeling and in that moment, I was happy.

The memories of Jason and I flashed through my mind, a collection of prickly needles poked at every nerve ending in my body as I remembered his touch on my skin - his lips pressed against mine, his arm around my waist and his hand tightening around my neck. I grimaced at the taste of bile rising in my throat, my stomach caved in before sinking to the soles beneath my shoes and my chest began to ache with the lack of air reaching my lungs. I mentally scoffed at how delusional I was when I thought that he actually loved me. I remember assuring Carter that he's a great guy and he would never hurt me. I invested so much - even my fucking virginity - into my relationship with Jason, that being my first proper one since forever and all I received was the kiss of death. If I hadn't managed to claw away at Jason's hand that was strangling me, I probably wouldn't be alive at all. Just thinking about it sends my mind into a spiral, my body tenses and I lose all consciousness of my surroundings.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" I broke away from my reverie and my voice stammered a little, taking a step back to increase the distance between us even though we stood at opposite ends of the room "I just want to talk" Jason held his hands up, palms facing me in surrender and that's when I took note of the metallic object hanging from his thumb "I'm calling security, how did they let you in the building?" I spoke to myself, now startled at the sight of a gun, and scrambled around for my phone "That won't be necessary, I snuck in while the guard was busy" Jason added with a chuckle, there was an unidentifiable glint in his eyes and I breathed in, trying to calm my already panicked state "What do you want to talk about?" I crossed my left arm under my right when I noticed the slight puffiness to Jason's eyes and the redness at the bottom lid "You. Us. Everything" He answered breathlessly and I scoffed "There is no us, Jason. At least from my side, aren't you with Madeline?" I raised an eyebrow "She was just a fling, I thought I could make you jealous by being with her and you'd come back to me" I barked out a dry laugh "Madeline has nothing that I will ever be jealous of"

I could feel the anxiety build up in my body as my gaze flicked between Jason's face and the firearm tucked in his hand, I swallowed hard and prayed to any kind of spiritual divinity to make Harry leave the training center and come home to me. "Why do you have a gun, Jason?" Jason gasped, placing his hand on his chest over his heart "You said my name, I've been waiting so long to hear you say it. Do you know how much I've missed hearing your voice, baby honey?" A maniacal glint settled in his eyes and I stood my ground while searching the living room for my phone, realising it was still in my bag which was thrown across the floor in Harry's room. Alarm bells rang in my head at the sudden change of events and I cringed when he used that term of endearment, I've always asked Jason about the reason behind him calling me baby honey and his answer was that whenever he touched my skin, it would feel as smooth as honey. "Stop calling me that" I threatened