Run Like Hell

Peter thought he had the best job in the world. He worked at a daycare and nursery for the children of superheroes, even if the babies don't have powers.

Peter was the favorite of all the "super sitters" to the children. Of course, he was the only super sitter. There wasn't a lot of kids that went there, and those kids didn't come in frequently. But Peter could always make sure they had a good time.

But Peter never thought about if the facility got attacked. It was just a simple day with a few kids, Cassie Lang, Cooper Barton, and the baby Morgan Stark. They were playing cards while feeding Morgan when something slammed through the window.

Peter grabbed Morgan and slid the table they were playing on down so the cards scattered. Cooper pulled Cassie downwards so they were behind the table too. Peter could hear someone moving so he gave Cooper Morgan and whispered, "Run!"

Cooper grabbed Cassie and ran to the open door, closing the air tight sealed doors as someone started to shoot at them. Cooper ran down the hall, Cassie trailing behind. Cooper went down one hallway with Morgan starting to whimper in his arms. Cassie didn't turn quick enough, and instead fell to her knees to duck under a small door.

Despite being children, Cassie and Cooper were trained by Peter on what to do if someone attacked the facility. And then they had training from their parents if a super villain attacked them. Plus, Scott showed Cassie what she needed to know about the Quantum theory and Cooper was taught how to use a bow and guns. So, they were, kids who knew how to escape situations.

Cassie was in the underground boiler room, when something started to shoot at her. It kept missing, but then something was starting to explode behind Cassie, who just kept running. Cassie jumped over a pipe, and landed on the stairs to the upstairs. Cassie slammed her hand on the panel so the door close behind her. Cassie ran up the stairs, stopping at the top to catch her breath.

Cooper, on the other side of the facility, slowed down to try and calm the screaming Morgan down. He was inbetween to panels of metal in the wall, hiding from people who casually walked by and looked. Morgan finally settled down, and Cooper was able to continue walking down the hall.

Cooper didn't know where Cassie was, but she probably had escaped. But he didn't know what happened to Peter, he could be dead for all Cooper knew. And as much as Cooper wanted to go see, he knew that he would be risking his and Morgan's lives.

Cooper walked into the training room. It was stocked with weapons and training equipment, although it was only for the older kids. Cooper was just 13 so he didn't get to go inside. But now was a dire situation, and Cooper needed something.

Cooper grabbed a gun and holster to attach to his belt. Cooper also grabbed a thing of arrows to sling over his shoulder, attaching a bow to the sling. Morgan was sitting happily on a stool, dozing off since it was past her naptime.

Cooper grabbed a set of gloves, and some headphones, putting them on, before grabbing Morgan and racing out the door with her. Cooper looked down the hall, seeing no one, and raced down the hallway, aiming to escape.

But when he was close to the door he realized that people were surrounding it. Cooper loaded the gun, putting on some headphones and giving Morgan a set. Then, he shot.

He wasn't aiming to kill, just injury. But he wasn't the best with a gun, so he pulled out the bow, setting Morgan down on the ground. He aimed, fired, and the people went down. Cooper put the bow away, and grabbed Morgan, pushing the doors open.

Outside New York was still active. So loud Morgan started crying. Cooper didn't say anything instead looking back at the bright white facility.

Cassie came out behind him a smile on her face. Behind Cassie came Peter. "Those were some nice shots, Cooper. And quick thinking at the end, Cassie. Now, we need to get to Avengers Tower to tell everyone the predicament that has happened."