It's Time For A Cliche!

I want to write a Mjolnir story so... Why not? I mean, I love diverging from cliches to write my original stuff, but every once and awhile I want to write a cliche.

***

Peter subconsciously hummed along to the elevator music, watching the floor numbers rise higher and higher. He was just an intern, low on the food chain, but for whatever reason his supervisor told him to go give Tony Stark a note. Unfortunately for Peter's nerves, Mr. Stark was on the Avengers living quarters floor.

The doors finally opened, revealing smashed glass and broken furniture. The Avengers were scattered around, moaning in pain and attempting at getting up. Peter felt his jaw drop as he ran deeper into the room, going to the first person he saw.

"Stay calm, Mr. Rodgers," Peter said with a level head as he removed his jacket, placing it under Steve's head. Steve tried to sit up, but Peter forced him back down, knowing what to do in a stabbing situation thanks to Spider-Man.

Peter didn't want to, but he pulled out his Spider-Man gloves, putting them on to not risk the wound getting infected. Peter then put his head on Steve's chest, checking for airway obstruction. There wasn't much, but there might have been mucus or blood trapped inside. "Mr. Rodgers, please try and cough for me, but take several breaks to breath."

Steve was in a daze, not sure who was talking, but he followed the instructions. While Steve did that, Peter pushed up his shirt to see the gravity of the wound. The weapon was still inside, a black metal dagger, but Peter couldn't take it out. Peter started humming something to Steve as he put his hands around the wound, pressing down to create pressure that would stop the bleeding. Steve started smiling as he hummed along.

Steve wasn't in shock, so Peter just used some webbing to hold down three of the four sides on the jacket he placed over the wound, hoping to help the others.

Before Peter could, however, the person who caused this showed up. The character was someone in a black hood and leather, new weapons on him. But the man raised his hand, a gun just being there for some reason unknown to Peter.

The boy ducked, trying to find the nearest weapon he could. That weapon was the famous Captain America shield, one that Peter used to stop the bullets from hitting him or Steve.

Peter slowly pushed himself closer the man, wondering where the Avengers hidden stash of weapons was. Or why none of them had conveniently dropped theirs as he crouched towards the man.

Peter swung the shield at his head, making him lose it for a moment. Peter jumped back to Steve, pulling his web shooters from the jacket pockets. Steve was staring at him wide eyed, probably regaining enough consciousness to realize the entire situation.

Peter did say anything as he shot the shield across the room, with strength that only a super soldier or god could pull off.  Peter rolled forwards, webbing up the legs of the guy and pulling him forwards. But when the man was close enough, he shot a bullet through Peter's leg, making him yelp in the pain, though he's felt worse before.

Peter jumped to the side, rolling behind the couch, only to be met with the sight of an unconscious Thor. Peter was definitely unnerved by the scene, being because Peter also thought the Avengers were invincible. Or that a god of thunder couldn't be brought down by a nameless face.

Peter looked up to see the man, but Peter stood up quickly, his fists clenching. This guy wasn't allowed to kill the Avengers, and if Peter could by anyone of them time to recover, even at the risk of his own life, Peter would take that chance. Sure, New Yorkers might miss Spider-Man, but New Yorkers would miss New York even more.

Something hummed in Peter, a cackle of electricity that drummed up a rush of adrenaline as he stared unwavering in his opponents eyes. That force was a rushing, powerful force that made Peter realize he could avenge the Avengers, even at the extent of his life.

And with a cackle of lightning in the sky and a loud bang of thunder, the mighty hammer called Mjolnir had chosen another heir for Asgard. And in Peter's hand was the weapon that the Avengers all had tried and failed to hold, excluding Thor and Vision.

Peter slammed the hammer into the guys head, that man slamming to the side into the wall. The man merely looked at Peter, before disappearing in a wave of darkness.

Peter immediately dropped the hammer, assessing Thor's wounds, and solving them pretty quickly. Soon all the Avengers had enough treatment to where they would survive another fight. Peter called the police, ignoring the temptations Mjolnir was setting in him, just to test him further.

"Who are you, mortal? How can you wield the hammer of the mighty Thor?" The god of thunder said, aware of the teenage boy who was telling the police calmly and with complete accuracy of all their wounds, even if they didn't know that extent.

When Peter was finished, he took a deep breath, trying to push a buzzing feeling out of his head that was very distracting. "I am so sorry, Mr. Odinson! I didn't mean to do that, it just happened! And I freaking let the guy get away. Mjolnir probably chose wrong anyways. Maybe this was all about protecting you, it's owner."

Thor stared at Peter before calling Mjolnir to him. Peter backed away from the Norse mythological hammer, the buzzing becoming louder as Mjolnir came closer to him. Thor stood up, grabbing Peter's hand, and setting Mjolnir in it. Thor let go of both, and the hammer was sitting in Peter's hand, not falling or doing some inhuman punishment to him. Thor and Peter just stared at each other, Peter in embarrassment as Thor just had that "I was right" smug look in his eyes.

"It really is lighter than I thought," Peter said trying to break the ice as the Avengers crowded around them yet still staying behind the couch. Thor just smiled, taking Mjolnir with him as he left.

There will be a part two.

Theory time: with Jane Foster having broken up with Thor, and Mjolnir having no home because Thor probably took Stormbreaker with him, who's the next Thor? I think it'll be Jane Foster, just like in the comics.