Do You Want To Hear A Story?

Peter closed his eyes, listening to the heartbeats of the little girl down the hall and her mother. For whatever reason, Peter found himself using the beats to help himself fall asleep. But while listening, he realized one of the heartbeats was a little too fast. The heartbeat of someone awake.

Morgan pushed open his door a little, coating the room in the golden hallway light. She was wrapped up in her huge comforter with a white teddy bear pressed against her chest. Peter sat up from his position of laying on the bed.

"Hey, Morgan, what are you doing up so late?" Peter said looking at his alarm clock. It was 11:43 at the moment, way past the time she went up to sleep.

"I can't sleep," Morgan said walking deeper into the room and closing the door. The only light in the room was the red and blue lava lamp on Peter's desk, which helped Morgan find her way to Peter bed. She crawled onto his comforter, with her own hugging her like a blanket.

"Hmm... Do you want to hear a story?" Peter asked her, watching her face light up as she nodded. Morgan got out of her blanket, climbing into Peter's lap, tucking her head under his neck. Peter just laughed a little as he covered them both in his blanket.

"Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a maiden, and her name was Morgan. This maiden wanted nothing more then to be a Royal, just like her older brother, Peter. But Morgan's mother told her she was too young to be a royal," Peter started a memory bringing up emotions in his head.

"But Morgan really wanted to be a royal, so she got to work in her lab making herself a gown and a crown. And when she finished, Morgan stowed herself away with her older brother to go to the Kingdom of New York. And poor Peter didn't realize she had stowed herself away, until they were both at the Castle," Peter said with a smile growing on his face as Morgan could barely keep her eyes open. 

"Well the entire Royal family was surprised by Morgan being there. But the Princes and Princesses absolutely loved Morgan. And Peter was just dumbfounded as how she got there. Well, Peter called the maiden's mother who was worrying like... well, she was worrying a lot. But Morgan still got to spend the day at the castle before having to go home," Peter finished the story. "And Morgan and Peter lived happily ever after."

The only sound after that were quiet snores and a slowed down heartbeat. Morgan was sound asleep in Peter's arms. Instead of being logical and taking Morgan back to her own bed, Peter just leaned back in the blanket and fell asleep himself.

****

Pepper checked Morgan's room that morning and almost freaked out when Morgan wasn't in there. Pepper ran across the hall to Peter's room to get help finding Morgan, but stopped when she saw the duo. Morgan was sound asleep on Peter's chest, who was leaning against the pillow covered headboard.

With a soft laugh, Pepper brought out her phone to take a picture. Once the picture was snapped, she sent it to everyone. All those in Avengers Tower, or the "Castle", and all the superheroes, or "Royalty" .

****

Tony Stark sat next to Natasha Romanoff while across from Steve Rodgers and Bruce Banner. Everyone else was just down the table from them when all their phones started beeping. Tony brought his out and looked at the picture Pepper had sent him. It was adorable.