Chapter 10

The first word I thought of when I entered the school gate was "beautiful" it was adorned with beautiful flowers with different beautiful colours. There were different buildings all painted blue and white.

When we got down from the car, we went straight to the canopies where students in blue and white uniforms were seated, Ella said the main guests are seated in the hall just beside the canopies. The students were so organized and quiet. They were talking but I couldn't even hear a thing. It was like magic. Beautiful magic.

"Elly you are not a student yet, so you'll have to sit inside the hall with the other guests"Ella said pointing to the huge hall.

"No please I can't stay there and be alone, I can sit with Debra and make friends, isn't that what you've wanted me to do all along?" As if on cue, Debra came towards us with a big smile. She was in her white inner wear and a moderately short Pinaphore, her braids were beaded with shiny silver beads and she packed it into a high ponytail. Pretty.

"Hey Elly, how you doing?" She said hugging me.

"I'm good you?" I asked

"I'm fine. It's nice meeting you, I couldn't even sleep well last night cause I was very nervous that you won't like me" she said releasing me from the hug.

I let out a little chuckle "Calm down dearie, I'm not Prince Charming, I'm just an average teenage girl who just moved to a new country and is totally freaking out but trying to look sane"

She laughed "Don't worry about anything, you have me, I'll make sure you enjoy your stay". I replied with a smile.

"So because of Elliana I've become invisible abi" I heard a voice say behind me and that's when I remembered that Ella was still standing there.

"No now Sis. Emmanuella, it's not like that" Debra said moving in for a hug with Ella. And what's the deal with the 'Sis'

"I've already told you to stop calling me that. Just call me Emmanuella" Ella said scrunching up her brows and rolling her eyes.

"I know but I don't want Sis. Ore to punish me again" Debra said giving a sad smile.

"Don't worry I'll talk to her okay?" She said smiling.

"Okay" They then both looked over at me and burst into laughter. And I'm left there, very confused.

"What's so funny?" I ask not finding anything funny.

"Why is your face like that?" Debra says trying to catch her breath.

"It's because I'm confused, what is 'sis'? And why would Ore punish you? How even?" They just kept on laughing "Can you guys please stop laughing and explain to me what's going on?" I say in an exhausted tone.

"Alright fine, I called her Sis. Emmanuella because in this school, we call female seniors that way, we say 'Sis' before their name as a form of respect. We do the same to the boys but we say 'Bros'. For example Bros. Emmanuel. And Sis. Ore usually asks me to kneel down whenever I call her mate by their name, she says it's 'disrespectful'" Debra explains air quoting the 'disrespectful' and showing her dislike for this Ore girl.

"Hmm, don't talk about my bestie that way" Ella says obviously annoyed.

"I'm sorry, but Elliana do you grab?"

"Yeah I do but why then were you guys laughing?"

"Because of your expression obviously, honestly you should have seen the look on your face" Ella said smiling while looking away as if she was thinking of something. Her smile then grew wider and that's when I realised she was thinking of the facial expression I made when I was confused. Was it really THAT bad?