Chapter 22 Let's parteyyy

It's open day so we're going to be seeing our test scores today. I know I did well though. In this school our names will be posted on boards all round the school according to our performances in the tests. At first I didn't take it as anything big cause I know I can't be below 5th position but the way my classmates are taking it, I am getting super tensed.

"Can we go to the board now?" Doyin asked anxiously.

"No nah, you know we are not allowed to go there unless we are with our parents" Qudus the class captain said.

"But who is the first on the list?" Someone asked.

"Me I don't know o" Qudus replied.

"I've checked it ooo" Folake screamed as she entered the class.

"Who's the first? what'd I get? Who was the last?" These were the questions running through my classmates ' mouths. All I wanted to think about was the novel I was reading 'A place called here ' by Cecelia Ahern. But of course my lousy classmates wouldn't let me.

"Guy those prefects punished us o because we were plenty, but as per say I have thin body, I just used style to escape" she explained which was totally off the point. I just laughed, Folake talks too much.

"Who is asking you all this one now? Abeg who was the first jare?" Emmanuel, the class's bully/thug/comedian/noise maker answered her.

"Ah sorry oo, sha the first was Abisola, of course" She said rolling her eyes.

"Na norms nah" Emmanuel said. Wow. I didn't know Abisola was that smart though. Deborah will be so happy, where is she anyways? She's obviously not in class.

I stopped listening to Folake cause I didn't know some of the names she was calling, I mean its only my first term here, they are probably from art class or commercial.

"The forth was Deborah" she said beaming with joy, obviously happy for her. Oh my God that's amazing. I'm so happy.

"Eheh, see sly o, Deborah that usually plays in class fah" King, the shortest guy in the class said. King's look is so funny cause he is very short and very fat with squared shoulders. He looks like a cube of sugar. The first time I saw him I couldn't stop laughing for 5 straight minutes. I'm not body shaming or anything but he looks very funny.

"Abi o, so that girl usually reads at home ni" Emmanuel said.

"No o, she'll be waiting for you" Folake said and hissed very loudly.

"You that you are talking sef what did you get?" Emmanuel bit back.

"WO leave me alone o, that's not what I'm here for" she said eyeing him.

"WO the both of you should stop doing like husband and wife and continue talking jare" Alice, the rudest and proudest girl in our set said. The girl annoys me because she acts like she is the boss of everyone, and everybody gives her too much respect.

And because of Alice's power, Folake apologizes "I'm sorry jare" which is so unlike Folake "As I was saying before the mosquito bite" she said eyeing Emmanuel for the umpteenth time "Alice you were the 5th" wait what? I'm not amongst the first 5? How did that happen, I know I did well and I deserve to be high up. Folake continued mentioning names, she got to number 10 and my name still hadn't been mentioned,what the hell is going on??

"Folake how did you even cram everything in your head" Tobi asked. Tobi,the girl magnet of our set -well... after Jay.

"I have a long memory spam" she said blushing.

"Why are you nah not passing your book" Emmanuel said laughing.

"Ah ah, Emmanuel it's not fair" King protested.